Inhaler troubles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Do you pay a prescription charge or the cost of the inhaler with e-Surgery?

clockworksimon

Über Member
A bit late on this thread but the pharmacy you regularly get your prescriptions from should supply you with an emergeny supply with minimum hassle. Shouldn’t need to use internet pharmacies for this type of routine situation. Only a problem if you don’t use the same pharmacy regularly. Can’t do emergency supplies for some abusable drugs or if situation is more complicated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

frankiemann93

Do you pay a prescription charge or the cost of the inhaler with e-Surgery?
I paid £21.50 for the two inhalers,made more sense to get two while its still cold. Seemed like a reasonable price. Pleased with how easy the service was.
Yeah, i'm not sure as to why I couldn't get an emergency, but none the less I got the problem sorted. If I have this issue with my local pharmacy again with the repeat then I will just go back to these guys.

just a reminder that if you have more than 1 prescription pm - get the NHS subscription card for £10.40pm there is no limit how many prescriptions you can have. Saved me a right packet.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Not sure if anyone has any advice here, but I have run out of my Ventolin inhaler (silly I know.) I was hoping to get out cycling all week in the evenings but with the cold weather, it makes my asthma play up. I can't get to my local GP until next week, has anyone used any online pharmacies ? Hopefully I can get one by tomorrow.

A little tip from a former sufferer

D31B7212-A794-4DD1-BFC3-BD5FDA75B7F8.jpeg

Chew 2/3 of them, they’ll open the tubes up.

icowden

Veteran
I get problems in cold weather with my asthma. My main solution is to wear a buff folded double over my mouth and nose, so that the air going in is warmed up.

byegad

Legendary Member
I've built up a very small reserve of inhalers, preventer and the two relievers I use [one long term the other short]. It's happened because my asthma varies, if I get a cold it goes straight to my chest, and my asthma, so that I can get through a normal month's supply in under a week.

As has been said if you have a repeat prescription your pharmacist can dispense one without prescription and effectively claw it back on your next prescription. Asthma can be a killer so I'd expect any pharmacy you use regularly to help.

Julia9054

Guru
I get problems in cold weather with my asthma. My main solution is to wear a buff folded double over my mouth and nose, so that the air going in is warmed up.
I've tried that but it feels horrible. As a child, my asthma was badly controlled and I spent a lot of time off primary school struggling to breathe. Anything over my mouth and nose now makes me panic.
My asthma is worse in cold weather too - particularly when it is damp

Top Bottom