Inner Tube - Guidance needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JSRossi

Regular
Morning all and probably a stupid question requiring a stupid answer..

Couple of punctures meant that i have been looking into inner tube size guides and, to be honest i am struggling to get the correct match on the detail on the current inner tubes ( New bike Boardman ADV 8.9 )

Can anyone provide a solid recommendation on the size i should be purchasing for a 700 x 38mm tyre ...or it is as simple as getting any tube that is 700 x 32-47?

Thanks in advance

figbat

Slippery scientist
Yes, it’s that simple - remembering to make sure the valve is of the right type (probably Presta) and length. Longer valves are needed to get through deep section wheel rims. Measure the one you have if it works ok and use that as a guide.

You can use valves that are too long BUT it is much easier to damage and bend a long exposed valve with a small hand pump.
Always a good idea to keep a couple of spare inner tubes in stock.

OP
OP
J

JSRossi

Regular
Yeah, 700 x 32 will be fine, just make sure you get the right valve.
Your wheels & tires are tubeless-ready also, according to the spec!
Thanks for the reply much appreciated .. although tubeless ready i haven't delved into the world of tubeless as yet so have no idea of pros and cons as yet .. one small step at a time for this novice .. thanks again!

weareHKR

although tubeless ready i haven't delved into the world of tubeless as yet so have no idea of pros and cons as yet
Same here TBH, opinions vary so much, some love the idea & some hate the idea!
Tubless, tubes with slime already in, filling std tubes with slime, anti-puncture protection tape... :wacko: I'm gonna revisit it in the summer!

Top Bottom