Inner tube help Please 🙏🙏

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lilypops

Hi guys apologies for the basic question i normally go into halfords and the guy helps me ! I have a specialized tarmac size 56 and i also have a boardman mx i need to order tubes online for them both what sizes should i order and any recommended sites ? Ive attatched both wheel images . Any help greatly appreciated

Attachments

• F078A571-3E88-44C6-A839-D919B332F843.jpeg
    F078A571-3E88-44C6-A839-D919B332F843.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 270E1E68-693D-4DC9-880B-1D713EE416C9.jpeg
    270E1E68-693D-4DC9-880B-1D713EE416C9.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 7

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome:
Sizes of two tyres are 622-23 and 622-35. Inner tubes are sold with same metrics, but normally over a range: eg 18-23 or 18-25 or 28-38.
Take care to get the correct valve: Schrader (car tyre type) or Presta (thinner and longer) and the shortest valve length offered.
Your local bike shop may well have stayed open (bike shops are on the list to be so allowed) and will sell you the correct tubes and appreciate the business.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There's a fair bit of flexibility over tube sizes as others have said.

This applies to width, but also diameter.

Some Schwalbe tubes are specced for both 700c and 650b, which is a smaller diameter wheel.

Worth getting close to the size, particularly for the narrower 23c tyre.

Trying to stuff an oversize tube in a narrow tyre can lead to fitment and use issues.

The tubes linked by @Spiderweb would be just the job, right size, decent make, and good value.

The MX has rims with valve holes designed for Schrader valves, although I run tubes with presta valves on my MX , with no issues.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
The MX has rims with valve holes designed for Schrader valves, although I run tubes with presta valves on my MX , with no issues.
Just looked on eBay and every Boardman MX I can see, there are lots, have Presta valves.

Just looked on eBay and every Boardman MX I can see, there are lots, have Presta valves.
Mine never did. The holes were ( and still are ) for Schraders. I use Prestas, with no issues, but they’re supposed to be Schraders. I use the MX a lot, and although it rarely suffers punctures ( I use Marathon plus tyres ) when it does need new tubes I use prestas.

it’s a 2015 MX comp.

Last edited:
Top Bottom