Innocuous inoculation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
After umpteen flu jabs and 3 covid ones I never had a problem. Very slight sore arm at the injection point a couple of times but that may just be down to the person doing the jab.

I do not generally drink cider but once during a student charity day we went into the Sarrie Heid in Glasgow for lunch which included a couple of pints of their cider. Cannot remember much about the rest of the day.:ohmy:
Don't worry, I've the photos and for a large consideration will forbear publishing them. As they show not only your face (and other bits) as well as the tattoos of several of the other participants, plus the sheep.............

bruce1530

Guru
Other than an ache in my arm, I had no side effects from the flu and covid jags.

However, a colleague tells me that he had side effects, and "it felt a bit like a 2 day hangover". So if you're going to the pub afterwards, you won't know whether it's the vax or the beer that causes the hangover.

figbat

Slippery scientist
This reminded me - today's the first day I can book my COVID booster - now all booked for the end of December.

My first COVID jab (A-Z) put me out for a couple of days. The second one was fine, as was the seasonal flu jab.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
... I had quite a violent reaction to a typhoid vaccine once...
Pharmacist gets the flu vaccine and deadly South American tree frog arrow poison mixed up by mistake. Easily done.
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bentine
Once in the RAF he went through flying training. He was the penultimate man going through a medical line receiving inoculations for typhoid with the other flight candidates in his class (they were going to Canada to receive new aircraft) when the vaccine ran out. They refilled the bottle to inoculate him and the other man as well. By mistake they loaded a pure culture of typhoid. The other man died immediately, and Bentine was in a coma for six weeks. When he regained consciousness his eyesight was ruined, leaving him myopic for the rest of his life.

T4tomo

Guru
I got my first Flu Jab tomorrow. no sign of a COVID booster yet though
If you had your 2nd jab 5 months or more ago, you can go on the nhs.uk website and book your booster for no sooner than 6 months (or 182 days or something) from your 2nd jab.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...ter-dose-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Never had a bad reaction and I've had a few.

Mrs Sd had her first ever 2 weeks back and likewise, no reaction.

Strangely it appears that there are (at least?) two vaccines as I was just under 65 (by 3 weeks) and had the under 65 jab as opposed to the over 65 jab. A new one on me.

T4tomo

Guru
Thanks, it's getting close to 5, so expecting a letter any day now
my point was you wont necessarily get a letter, unless you GP practice is very organised and / or are jabbing people themselves. its self service via the NHS website

figbat

Slippery scientist
my point was you wont necessarily get a letter, unless you GP practice is very organised and / or are jabbing people themselves. its self service via the NHS website
Exactly this. I went to the link a few days ago and couldn't use it, but today it was open for me as I reached the time limit. You have to be over 40 and 5 months after your 2nd jab.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Being surprisingly ancient (well, it surprises me, anyway) I already have my triple-jab passport – so I'm all set for the Grand Tour.

Top Bottom