Innocuous inoculation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Had the booster & flu jab at the same time, felt off it the following day, with fatigue and headache, sore joints and jab site, it lasted about 36 hours, the first two covid jabs no bother, other than sore arm where the jab was done

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Flu jab a few weeks ago, Covid booster tomorrow, then today received a text from GP practice inviting me for a pneumonia jab.
Question: with all these extra antibodies coursing round my system, will I have put on weight?

yello

I've never had a flu jab but I am one of the few that didn't react well to the Covid jabs. I have to assume I wasn't injected with Amazonian tree frog poison nor typhoid. I equally have to assume that having the jabs was the right thing to do. I don't know, I just listen to the advice.

the snail

Guru
When I had the covid jab they were telling people to wait 15 mins before driving, so maybe do that and see if you keel over before riding. I've never had worse than a slightly sore arm though.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Never had a bad reaction and I've had a few.

Mrs Sd had her first ever 2 weeks back and likewise, no reaction.

Strangely it appears that there are (at least?) two vaccines as I was just under 65 (by 3 weeks) and had the under 65 jab as opposed to the over 65 jab. A new one on me.
The over 65s vaccine has an extra adjuvant to boost immune response. There's also an egg-free version for people with allergies, which our nurse was very excited about because it's very expensive and we'd managed to get hold of some.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The OPs jab was last Weds. did you survive the ride and booze up @Ian H
The over 65s vaccine has an extra adjuvant to boost immune response. There's also an egg-free version for people with allergies, which our nurse was very excited about because it's very expensive and we'd managed to get hold of some.
My booster (with all the extras) was end of October. Flu was Wednesday last. No ill-effects on the day, nor that evening, just a slightly sore arm the following day. It's beginning to look as though that won't be the last of inoculations.

winjim

Smash the cistern
My booster (with all the extras) was end of October. Flu was Wednesday last. No ill-effects on the day, nor that evening, just a slightly sore arm the following day. It's beginning to look as though that won't be the last of inoculations.
I had my booster as part of the trial against beta back in early summer. I wonder if they might recruit me again for omicron.

Top Bottom