Innovation or gimmick?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I refer to strip inner tubes which can be fitted without removing wheel or tyre.

They've been around a while in BMX circles (ho-ho), but I see German company GAADI is now producing sizes for most bikes.

Not much help to a skilled roadie who can change an odinary tube in minutes.

But could be of some use to those of us who ride hybrids with hub gears, or bikes not fitted with quick release axles, or enclosed chains, or something else which makes wheel removal difficult.

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/...-for-622635-x-47-52--700-x-45-50-c/aid:717392

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Is there a flat spot at the point where the two ends meet when you are cycling? Never heard of them before.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Is there a flat spot at the point where the two ends meet when you are cycling? Never heard of them before.

Not tried them, but I think the length of the tube would expand a little on inflation to make the join unnoticeable when riding.

Brandane

Legendary Member
It's normally a good idea to take the tyre off the rim to check for the source of the puncture, i.e. thorn, glass etc., which are not always obvious from the treaded side of the tyre. I don't fancy shoving a finger in between wheel and tyre to check, blind, in case it is a piece of glass. So they might be of limited use in some circumstances, but I think I will stick with getting my hands dirty!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
GAADI say the tube is available in all sizes from 20" to 28"/700c, no use to Brompton owners but should cover most other bikes.

Looks like Rose is only selling 28", and there are no UK dealers on the GAADI website, or direct sales.

But other than that, getting hold of your size will be as doddle.

http://www.gaadi.de/index.php?id=3&L=1

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Ordered one of these from Rose for my Rose ebike.

£16 including shipping.

Looks like it would have been a pound or two cheaper from Bike 24, as linked by @Pat "5mph" .

Never mind, I like Rose - service has always been spot on and the bike has been faultless.

Top Bottom