Inside Arch's head.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Played with my helmet cam footage yesterday, and present;

Arch's ride home, complete with some of the 'thoughts' that go through her head...

When there aren't any actual words, you can assume a mix of general roadcraft and a sort of Father Dougalesque vacant "la, la, la, la." :thumbsup:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Very good Arch.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
and i though my commute was short!

loving your work :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know. Counting unlocking and locking time and the fact that I can walk across the park, but not cycle that way, it's actually quicker to walk!

I really ought to just put in an extra couple of miles for exercise, but....

So how do you know those were the thoughts going through your head? Do you just remember later on when you come to edit the video? or do you write it down as you cycle?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I use my commute as a bit of workout, so I go at a fair pace (at least I try:rolleyes:) so I'm a bit worried that I would finish that commute before I start it:wacko::?::?::?:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
So how do you know those were the thoughts going through your head? Do you just remember later on when you come to edit the video? or do you write it down as you cycle?:thumbsup::?:

I use my commute as a bit of workout, so I go at a fair pace (at least I try:rolleyes:) so I'm a bit worried that I would finish that commute before I start it:wacko::?::?::?:

Well, mostly, I remembered them later, watching the video. Especially the bit where the little boy was pushing his baby brother into my path in the buggy...!

The baby elephant stuff, and thinking about dinner, those are default settings...:thumbsup:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
and what would be thought of a cobbled section of road? :thumbsup::ohmy::blush::thumbsup:

bonj2

god how i hate militant pushchair-pushers. They seem to think their pushchair is more useful as a battering ram to clear other peds (and cyclists, obviously!) out of the way, more than as a transport for a young child.

And by the way, the 'nice parking', that was ok as he had his hazards on.
Don't you know that's the internationally-recognised symbol for "it's different for me, i'm not going to be long." ?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
god how i hate militant pushchair-pushers. They seem to think their pushchair is more useful as a battering ram to clear other peds (and cyclists, obviously!) out of the way, more than as a transport for a young child.

And by the way, the 'nice parking', that was ok as he had his hazards on.
Don't you know that's the internationally-recognised symbol for "it's different for me, i'm not going to be long." ?
is that what they're called? i thought they were there to signify "i've just nipped to the cash machine - back in a mo".

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:

In that case, you might notice that the pushchair pusher is a boy of about 6. Not militant so much, as too small to see over the buggy...

Patrick, you cheeky sod.

Right though. Add 'food' into the default setting list...:thumbsup:

I probably couldn't post a video like this. There are often to many expletives going through my head when I get cut up, left hooked, revved at, squeezed......:thumbsup:

At the very least it wouldn't be work safe!

Very good - and nice lilting music too!

Arch, you must try a three minute (pretend) commute along Kentish Town Road or somewhere in London's rush. Possibly your camera would be 'liberated' from your lid en route but... the video would be like 'Terminator' - as opposed to your retro 60s Eastmancolor wonder! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom