Insomnia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

why the f%&* can't i sleep!! All week now I have been up until 4am or more and waking up at 2pm ish... ... I blame those dam pills again...oh well.. let's see who else here is an insomniac:biggrin:...anybody else awake ?...3:12 am...?

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..hmm...guess I'm on me todd...

04.15 over here. woke up 44 mins ago and knew it was going to be one of those nights. *sigh* It's not been too bad recently, but every so often it comes and gets me.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Been suffering from a form of insomnia since the summer. Was going to put up a post but you beat me to it.

My problem is that I can go to sleep OK but never sleep more than 5 hours...if I try to catch-up by getting some early nights, then I just wake-up earlier with little chance of returning to sleep.
Consequently have become chronically fatigued and hellishly grumpy and short-tempered...
This has caused friction at home, really upset my daughter and a spectacular New Year row with my Mother and Sister (mind you, it's been brewing for over 10 years at least). Probably having my usual post Christmas depression as well which doesn't help.
Seems not getting enough of 'phase 4 non-REM sleep' the really deep 'reset' stuff.
Been to the Docs, she has put put me on Trazadone. It does help to knock-me out and I sleep a bit longer and deeper than usual, I'm not waking with the jolt that I used to either. I feel a bit mnore doped-up but generally happier and calmer. Side effect is some muscle tiredness and stiffness. I have been on them before a few years in combination with Prozac...happy daze!

Hopefully I'll catch-up with the required rest, get rid of the mild depression and give-them up. If not they might put me back in therapy.

I feel for your problem BTfatbloke, go and see the Doc if you haven't already. There may be many causes for your problem.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I think I finally dozed off at about 6.30...I know I was still up and about at 6am...I looked over some adac 1:150,000 adac maps of germany and read the big issue of all things!

i have some zopiclone tabs but a really dont lioke using them.

I think it is because I havent ridden for a week now and my body cant cope.

gbb

Legendary Member
Ive been sleeping fitfully for a while now, keep waking up through the night. Moderately frequent travelling isnt helping..
Flew to Cyprus, got 2.5 hours sleep, then up for work..
Managed 5 hours sleep the next night, maybe 6 hours a night for a few days....then didnt go to bed till 03.30 the morning i'm travelling back....got home at 23.30....talk about burn the candle both ends.

Tried Nytol a couple of times (back home )...definate help one night, hmmm not sure the other time.

It seems to feed itself....like you FF, if i try to catch up, it just gets me at the other end...you cant win.

I guess i average 6 hours a night.....it just never feels enough.

But then, my bro and SIL go to bed at 20.00 is most nights....i think, jeeez what a waste.

btfb, IME when I can't get to sleep to begin with, it's because there is something that I'm 'dwelling on', or something I'm trying not to think about, and then as soon as my head hits the pillow - up it pops into my mind again. I've been OK for a few months now, just go to bed too late at the mo, and need another hour really. You could try...say an hour before bed, writing down everything that's on your mind, and then winding down - bath, relaxing music/book... before you go to sleep.

Waking up early is a pain...sorry to hear about your sleep probs FF. I've also had this to some extent, and last summer, because I'm light sleeper, it was aggravated by the noisy dawn chorus too.

Andy

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I've always suffered from insomnia. Sorry to hear about BFTB's problems, sometimes it can be really hard ramming your clock back 6,8 or 9 hours, however much. I don't really have any useful advice beyond trying (probably in vain) to work out what it is and how much sleep you need at this point in your life and if there is a work around. I'm quite fortunate at the moment on a steady 4hrs and up nice and early during the week.

Top Bottom