Insomniac ride...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Gave up trying to sleep at 04:30 this morning.
Once it was light I thought I'd nip out on the bike for a gentle spin to try and crush the last remmenants of man-flu.
It was bitterly cold at first light though, so much so that after a couple of miles I headed home for my buff.

It gave me the opportunuty to grab my mobile to get a couple of snaps.
Sadly I missed the really stunning Golden rays of first light, but I got these pictures.
They do illustrate reason#6465344 why I miss my dog so much, I've been treated to lots of these views of the mist rolling across the fields lit by the early morning sun, as I always used to take him out first thing for a walk on the sea wall at the weekends.

Anyway, it really captured for me the joy of riding a bike. There was a surprising amount of traffic out early hours this morning (though still quiet) and it makes you realise what noisy, nasty, smelly things cars are when you're enjoying the scenery from the saddle :smile:

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

colly

Re member eR
You aren't the only one but I wasn't out until just after 5.

Still, it was a lovely fresh morning, bright sunshine, cold but not bitter and was getting warmer as the miles ticked by.
By the time I got home after a couple of hours I was just warm enough.:smile:

Not a breath of wind. As evidenced by these shots of Eccup reservoir.

longers

Legendary Member
Looks like you both had a good ride, lovely photo's. I miss the early morning walks with the dog before the streets are aired.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks all ;)

They are indeed the bridges that lead to the magnificent Island of Sheppey :blush: :laugh:

Top Bottom