Insulted by a mouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's loads of anecdotal stuff on CC about mice. Try the Search box.

My personal, lengthy jihad led me to these conclusions...

1) 'Humane traps' are useless
2) Poison seemed to be untouched. I tried four different ones.
3) Old school wooden Nipper traps are absolute junk
4) The Rentokil Advanced mousetrap is pretty good, mainly due to the hair trigger.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rentokil-Advanced-Mouse-Trap-Twin/dp/B000T5N0JE

5) What to use as bait is an endless subject of debate. Nutella, peanut butter, bird seed etc. Google the subject and you will come up with pages of advice.
6) Flush them down the WC.

GCHQ is probably monitoring this forum. When they break down the front door at 3:45 am, make them a nice cup of tea and get them to employ their Heckler and Kochs on the Real Enemy.
The quickest acting mousetrap is still made in Leeds.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The quickest acting mousetrap is still made in Leeds.
.........is there a punchline.......?

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3597178, member: 9609"]like this sort of thing link ? what a good neat little idea, does the whole cupboard space not get a bit whiffy ?[/QUOTE]
That's the feller. It does a wee bit, but you only smell it when you open the drawer, so it's not a problem.

Keith Oates

Janner
Just pulled open the kitchen drawer with the bin in it, and there ambling around on top of the rubbish was a mouse. Did it panic? Did it freak? Did it run in terror? No. It looked up at me with a sort of 'if it's all the same to you, would you mind closing the drawer?' look, and then carried on about its business. I've never been so insulted in my life.

You're easily insulted then.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 3597204, member: 9609"]we used to catch the dam things in the loft in humane traps, I would release them at the bottom of the garden and they would return and be caught again (we confirmed this by putting a dab of blue paint on them) we then used to keep them in a little cage thing and release them 40 mile away at the seaside - they never found there way back, or at least I don't think they did[/QUOTE]
There's probably a learned academic somewhere writing a hefty paper about how mice are attracted to blue paint.

S.Giles

I became a jihadi quite a few years ago after discovering mouse sh#t in the crumb tray of the toaster. Lots of it. I draw the line at sticky traps, but ,otherwise, I will employ the total arsenal against MousyFecker.
I found a deceased and partially carbonised mouse in my toaster a few years ago.

I used a humane trap to catch its relatives (about ten - fifteen of them). I completely rid the house of mice using only one trap and without causing any unnecessary suffering. Releasing them to a new life in the park across the road was fun!

[QUOTE 3597204, member: 9609"]we used to catch the dam things in the loft in humane traps, I would release them at the bottom of the garden and they would return and be caught again (we confirmed this by putting a dab of blue paint on them) we then used to keep them in a little cage thing and release them 40 mile away at the seaside - they never found there way back, or at least I don't think they did[/QUOTE]
Maybe they washed the paint off in the sea before their return!

classic33

Leg End Member
There's probably a learned academic somewhere writing a hefty paper about how mice are attracted to blue paint.
There seems to have been work already done in that field. Its apparently why professional bait is blue in colour.

see also http://furoma.com/analytics/laboratory/

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Usually they scamper off the path to one side or another as you approach.

I am so slow on my new Cannondale mountain bike that when I passed the other day the rats could barely be bothered to move out of the way.

I know the feeling. It happens when riding to work. The pedestrians on Earl Court Road went "completely lemming" on my Green light. One goes, they all go. It's a good natured slalom. Odd that.

There seems to have been work already done in that field. Its apparently why professional bait is blue in colour.

see also http://furoma.com/analytics/laboratory/
Did you actually go to the bother googling for that or it's just something you knew? Either way your mouse/blue paint trivia knowledge is impressive.
BTW link isn't working for me, but please don't concern yourself about it. I don't need to read it. It's very existence is knowledge enough for me.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Did you actually go to the bother googling for that or it's just something you knew? Either way your mouse/blue paint trivia knowledge is impressive.
BTW link isn't working for me, but please don't concern yourself about it. I don't need to read it. It's very existence is knowledge enough for me.

Yes, everything on the internet is true and can't possibly be made up, can it? :giggle:

Top Bottom