Insulted by a mouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldbloke

Guru
There's loads of anecdotal stuff on CC about mice. Try the Search box.

My personal, lengthy jihad led me to these conclusions...

1) 'Humane traps' are useless
2) Poison seemed to be untouched. I tried four different ones.
3) Old school wooden Nipper traps are absolute junk
4) The Rentokil Advanced mousetrap is pretty good, mainly due to the hair trigger.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rentokil-Advanced-Mouse-Trap-Twin/dp/B000T5N0JE

5) What to use as bait is an endless subject of debate. Nutella, peanut butter, bird seed etc. Google the subject and you will come up with pages of advice.
6) Flush them down the WC.

GCHQ is probably monitoring this forum. When they break down the front door at 3:45 am, make them a nice cup of tea and get them to employ their Heckler and Kochs on the Real Enemy.

Item 5_Camembert seems to be the "choix de la souris" here, little sods ignored my cheddar!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Item 5_Camembert seems to be the "choix de la souris" here, little sods ignored my cheddar!
I think that that's a result of their nationality.

The occasional mouse problem disappeared with the arrival of the cat. The cat is feckin' useless and wouldn't know what to do if it actually came across a mouse, but thats ok as the mice don't know that - at least yet anyway. Cat will happily lay in middle of the lawn with birds hopping about it and only bothers itself to stalk and chase other cats out the garden.

Excellent. Problem solved. We now have furballs, hair and stinky food, followed by stinky litter tray. But no more rodent droppings, so thats ok then.
We didn't have mice until the cats brought them in. The last one must have been a pregnant mouse - our humane trap count is now up to 18. But nothing for the last week. Fortunately they are appearing in a non-food cupboard (which is also now a completely empty cupboard until sorted).

Top Bottom