Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
Just added bike cover to my house insurance with L & G and was surprised to be charged an additional £65. IIRC the annual premium was in the region of £200 before I added the bikes.
They were only interested in the bikes valued over £500 so declared Cannondale CAADX 105 (£1100 new) and Boardman Road Team at approx £600 second hand.
On reflection that seems like a lot so was wondering whether I'd be better off elsewhere. Anyone recommend other independent companies that are likely to be more competitive?

vickster

Legendary Member
What's the excess? Does that also include away from home cover? You won't find cheaper from a specific cycle insurer

OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
What's the excess? Does that also include away from home cover? You won't find cheaper from a specific cycle insurer
I need to look into the specific terms. I'll be back
Edit: loss of or damage in and out of home. No mention of an excess but I do have £150 voluntary on contents so might be applicable

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes it will be

You would need to check the premium without. Is the £65 for the remainder of an existing term or a year, if the former, there may be an admin fee built in, the latter cheap as above :smile: Just check whether there are specific T&Cs ref locks etc, in my experience not for home contents add on but check. Also, keep hold of all receipts for bike, accessories on the bike etc, you'll need them if a claim

OP
OP
uclown2002

uclown2002

Guru
Yes it will be

You would need to check the premium without. Is the £65 for the remainder of an existing term or a year, if the former, there may be an admin fee built in, the latter cheap as above :smile: Just check whether there are specific T&Cs ref locks etc, in my experience not for home contents add on but check. Also, keep hold of all receipts for bike, accessories on the bike etc, you'll need them if a claim
Yes tks. £65 for rest of year but policy only been active for 3 weeks
^_^

Top Bottom