Insurance

Do you have proper road insurance

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
How many people on here have insurance, i don't mean home insurance i mean for actually ridding on the road.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I have personal indemnity insurance through the CTC, it's a requirement by my employer if I want to claim mileage from them for cycling to my workplaces.

snorri

Legendary Member
I'm with the CTC, but goodness knows what is covered by their insurance.:sad:

There is no "Don't know" option in the poll.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

I'm with the CTC, but goodness knows what is covered by their insurance.:sad:

There is no "Don't know" option in the poll.
What do you mean, don't you know if you have insurance or not.^_^

snorri

Legendary Member
What do you mean, don't you know if you have insurance or not.^_^
I don't know if the CTC cycle insurance is what would be classed as "proper road insurance". I hope it is but from past experience you never know until the company has accepted your claim.

Cush

Veteran
Just on the household at the moment but when I get a new bike it will be on a seperate policy.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Apart from the fact it's got a £10m limit of liability where motor insurance is unlimited, the CTC's membership insurance is pretty much equivalent to the basic mandatory cover for a motor vehicle.

User269

[QUOTE 1801995, member: 45"]What do you see as "proper road insurance", and why don't you consider home insurance?[/quote]
+1

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
BC cover and dedicated bicycle cover (in case I break the bike through my own fault...this is just for my Roadie, CX bike covered by household)

Hmmm - haven't a clue. :whistle:

I do have third party cover through the CTC (which may/may not be what you're asking).

I'm supposing there's a legitimate question about home insurance - does it cover only theft/damage of a cycle (like mine), or third party injury cover as well?

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

[QUOTE 1801995, member: 45"]What do you see as "proper road insurance", and why don't you consider home insurance?[/quote]
Don't think home insurance covers you for third party damage, i could be wrong but mine does not, it does cover me for theft,

Top Bottom