Integrated appliances ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Probably going to redo the kitchen in the next few months , something occurs to me, are units of a standard interior size to accept any appliance such as cookers ?
Stupid question probably, they must be surely...but I dont know for sure.

Drago

Legendary Member
As i've discovered myself recently, integrated ovens come in several size standards. Frdges and dishwashers also come in a standard size or slimline.

Gunk

Guru
600mm is the standard width. We had ours done last year and built everything in, but stuck a 1000mm free standing range cooker in as we preferred it to an oven and hob.

93774408-D091-4376-AE9C-6B1A93391901.jpeg

B4BE9455-C714-4276-8D44-608C3166CA4D.jpeg

266834D2-0372-4CE7-B49A-1F7260325839.jpeg

805D934D-8C21-41D8-8852-BA1AEA00C6CF.jpeg

4D738CB2-83E8-4D96-AC68-CE6A44D2C9B5.jpeg

One thing that bit me is, if you are planning to install an induction hob, you need more space than usual between the hob and the oven underneath. We replaced a halogen hob and the gap wasn't big enough to allow for ventilation. That may or may not be a problem in your case.

Reactions: gbb

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We went for under counter items, albeit paid a bit extra for stainless steel fronts rather than white. Still looks fairly smart but it's a hell of a lot easier to fit another one when it conks out. You are also not paying a couple of hundred quid for the needless cupboard and the extra cost of built in vs free standing appliances

Reactions: gbb

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have a half and half solution. Big American fridge with cupboards surrounding, so easy to replace (and get to the filter). Fully integrated dishwasher and eyeline oven of fairly standard size so replacement should be easy. Washing machine and tumble dryer in a closed off utility and not integrated. My favorite bit is the microwave, rather than an integrated one on dispaly, we just put it in a cupboard above the oven. It is easy to replace and not on show.

vickster

Legendary Member
My favourite bit is the microwave, rather than an integrated one on display, we just put it in a cupboard above the oven. It is easy to replace and not on show.
ditto. It's above where the cat eats, so I often clonk my bonce - while the porridge is microwaving and I'm standing up from putting the cat's breakfast down :B)

Top Bottom