Interesting fixie site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thedude

skwerl said:
there's no such thing as a bad opinion. Opinion is someone's point of view so by default can never be wrong/bad.

Anyway, the point was about the whole cultural thing surrounding fixed riding not about getting people out of cars and onto bikes

In my opinion the world is triangular?

What cultural thing? We make aesthetic choices in everything we buy. Someone choosing to ride a bright green bike doesn't make them an idiot it makes no sense. It would be like calling someone an idiot for dating a supermodel.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
it might not make them an idiot intrinsically, but I'd still think them an idiot....

I do actually have a bright green bike though! ;)

Check the pics in the link below!

skwerl

Thedude said:
In my opinion the world is triangular?

What cultural thing? We make aesthetic choices in everything we buy. Someone choosing to ride a bright green bike doesn't make them an idiot it makes no sense. It would be like calling someone an idiot for dating a supermodel.

It's quite easy to prove the world is not triangluar so that's not opinion it's an incorrect statement.
Opinion: a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

I didn't call anyone an idiot. I said they should be shot.

Some people might have a dislike for supermodel-daters.
Some people have general dislikes for 4x4 drivers, buses, taxis, etc.

I have a general dislike for the mass of fixed-riding Londoners who all dress like and ride like, couriers, "work" in Soho and spend a lot of time loafing around coffee shops using terms like "old-skool". In my opinion they're generally tossers with no regard for anyone else on the road/pavement. There are some exceptions though.

Yes they are at least on bikes but most of them haven't got there from a car so there's no real benefit. They certainly don't help further the cycling image. They'll be off their bikes when the next bandwagon arrives.

Thedude

"Opinion: a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty."

Then with sufficent discussion ones opinion can be changed. Thus making ones former opinion invalid...Wrong.

"I didn't call anyone an idiot"

I didn't say you called anyone an idiot. I was referring to the previous poster.

"I said they should be shot."

?

The rest of your comment was a just a series of generalizations which are pointless to argue against. I'll let you sit up there on your pedestal :smile:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Are those bars really bullhorns? I guess so. I quite like them. In that pic the stem is actually too long for me, so I never rode stretched out. Now I've got a shorter stem and black tape, so being stretched is more comfy, but it's still difficult to stay stretched out without anything to rest your elbows on. I mainly ride on the 'tops' or at the point where they curve round to become the 'horns', it's quite comfy that way, like drving a truck with a big steering wheel....

skwerl

dudi said:
what are bull horns like to ride on? do they take much getting used to?

no but they stretch you out further. they're good for honking.
I had thema long while ago and switched back to drops eventually.
B/Horns also add twitchiness to the steering. Because they're flat they don't add the pendulum stability to the forks that drops do.

Jakob

I've used bullhorns for the last 3 years and find them ideal for city cycling. You got multiple hand positions, so you can be cruising, streamlining, honking, etc.
My bike

Jakob

dudi

Lovely looking bike, Jakob.
I like the look of the bull horns... maybe when I need a change again I'll look into getting some and tryin them out.

Top Bottom