Interesting maps, post your favourites...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Very Strange :wacko:

982d982be02bfa21fcbf2c949c5e0a22.jpg

Wonder what they think about the 'Pizza' served up over here. Unbelievable abominations with all sorts of daft toppings and stuffed crusts. Heard it said a better name might be 'Thai pie' :laugh:

Wonder what they think about the 'Pizza' served up over here. Unbelievable abominations with all sorts of daft toppings and stuffed crusts. Heard it said a better name might be 'Thai pie' :laugh:
despite what I said upthread about Italians and food, the young are somewhat more, er, broadminded. Last time I was in Italy a fair few young folk favoured Pizza topped with chips. THAT to me IS an abomination, besides of course being damn unhealthy. I can only think that it is a rebellion against their anal parents/grandparents/great grandparents.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
0E2E4197-D492-48F5-A25D-9E5E7AC62021.jpeg

JBGooner

Über Member
despite what I said upthread about Italians and food, the young are somewhat more, er, broadminded. Last time I was in Italy a fair few young folk favoured Pizza topped with chips. THAT to me IS an abomination, besides of course being damn unhealthy. I can only think that it is a rebellion against their anal parents/grandparents/great grandparents.

I'm not sure that in their youth the Italian grandparents and great grandparents would have even known what pizza was unless they came from Naples.

JBGooner

Über Member
I was referring to the general attitude to food,/foreign food etc

Ah yeah I understand but back in the day the Italians were very parochial about their local cuisine and would often consider anything from outside their region as foreign. I'm sure that even today many Southerners and Sicilians would be pretty mystified at what Polenta is ^_^

Ah yeah I understand but back in the day the Italians were very parochial about their local cuisine and would often consider anything from outside their region as foreign. I'm sure that even today many Southerners and Sicilians would be pretty mystified at what Polenta is ^_^
They know what polenta is i think. It's used as an insult.
Italians can get very worked up about food. Strays into racism at times.

Last edited:
Top Bottom