Internal cableing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_G

Im just wondering is there really any point of it, i guess aerodynamics will have a very slight difference but would you buy a bike because of it.

Norm

Yes. My son's bike has it and it makes it much easier to stick it on the work stand or attach it to car racks or hang it on the wall.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It looks cool:
Vitus Oct10 small.jpg

it used to be the done thing, my dad's mountain bike from 1992 has it.

personally, I couldn't really care less.

and I can't have it on the mountain bike as i'm running hydraulic hoses.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member

What a gorgeous bike, what is it, I can't make out the name?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sorry, been away from this thread. It is indeed a Vitus 979 - I have one and it's a lovely bike. Arguably the peak of '80s aluminium. A word of caution - or two...

First, I have heard rumours that they can come unstuck (they're held together with some kind of resin, apparently). Mine's rock solid, and I have no doubts about it, but I thought I'd mention. Second, check to make sure the deal includes the wee screw that holds the seat post. Vitus, being French, had to do things differently, so their seatposts are held in place by these little screws -
20050618-092956-vga.jpg

and if you don't have one, they're near-impossible to get.

There's a good page about 'em here.

HovR

Über Member
Vitus, being French, had to do things differently, so their seatposts are held in place by these little screws -
View attachment 15933
and if you don't have one, they're near-impossible to get.

My Peugeot has a very similar design to that, making it not a frame that you'd want to put an expensive seatpost on! Not the best design ever but it does its job.

Top Bottom