International Cyclocross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
Where are you guys getting live coverage from?
I am fortunate enough to live in Belgium (well, actually Flanders... since I am not even sure they show this on Wallonian tv)...and with us everything is televised.
All "Superprestige" and "Soudal Classics" races are shown on the "Vier" tv-channel.
All "WorldCup" and "BPost Trofee" races are shown on one of the Flemish public broadcasting channels (and can be watched via www.sporza.be)

We are quite into cyclocross over here ^_^
(Which is why - for this weekend - I suspect we'll see roughly 20 000 fans along the track of the Koppenbergcross)
(And most likely over half a million viewers on a total population of roughly 3 million Flemish:thumbsup:)

I think I once heard the Flemish commentators say that all the WC are being broadcast on the ucichannel on Youtube.
(but if you ask me there are much better races than the ones selected for the WorldCup... although the next 2: Koksijde and Namen could/should be very good)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Thanks @The Couch - I'll keep an eye on the sporza site and stick a few races in the TV calendar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
We are quite into cyclocross over here ^_^

I vote this for the understatement of the year.

BTW here is my latest wardrobe acquisition - used exclusively pre- and post race. Matching socks too.

CLPXBE_P1.jpg

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Well let's hope Bart goes well on Friday! Might be a good omen for my premier start at a National Trophy event this coming Sunday.

Incidentally, I note that Van der Harr is not on the start list for the Koppenberg...

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
And I spelt his name wrong :cry:

oldroadman

Veteran
Well let's hope Bart goes well on Friday! Might be a good omen for my premier start at a National Trophy event this coming Sunday.

Incidentally, I note that Van der Harr is not on the start list for the Koppenberg...

So, how did the Trophy race go?

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
So, how did the Trophy race go?

jammed chain and DNF :sad:

Annoying as had a good start and was punching well above my weight for the first 30 minutes. Great experience though, and am planning to do at least one more and hopefully the National Championships in Derby in January too. Very good course in Southampton, slippery but fast.

The Couch

Über Member
jammed chain and DNF :sad:
I guess Bart Aernouts' nice result on Sunday wasn't a good omen for you? ;)
(I won't comment on any winners/losers of the weekend though, since you might not have seen the races yet)

All I will say is:
  • A real shame that it hadn't rained more for the Koppenbergcross
  • Zonhoven was probably the best race of the season so far... very thrilling, so if you can... try and watch it

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Thank you for sparing my surprise :smile:
However, I am crazy busy at work at the moment, so I doubt I will have a chance to watch, so feel free to talk away :smile:

I will try and pick up Bill Schieken's excellent redacted version on CXHairs, if he does it - I am sure he will if it's as good as you say.

The Couch

Über Member
I will try and pick up Bill Schieken's excellent redacted version on CXHairs, if he does it - I am sure he will if it's as good as you say.
Aaaah... so that's where you've got the term "Svenness" from :smile:
(For me it was a new expression and of course I didn't fully catch the link Sven Nys sounding like Svenness to non-Flemish people)

The Couch

Über Member
Well, there is the 1st Superprestige race (Ruddervoorde) available now... so the 2nd in Zonhoven should come as well :smile:
I also see why you are ineterested in that blog/video, he really gives a lot of pointers a (neutral/lazy) fan (like me) otherwise would probably never pick up

Top Bottom