Internet service in rural areas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sigh... 4 mb/s here chez Casa Reynard, down an old-fashioned copper cable. No sign of that improving anytime soon - the Fens are not on the priority list, it seems. :sad: On the flip side, it is only £20 p/m and unlimited, so it could be far worse.

Mobile signal... Can't get one downstairs. Upstairs is... pot luck. I usually have to go outside and stand next to the level crossing to get an acceptable signal.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I get 3.5 mb/s, which has gone up from the last time I checked (when it was 1.5 mb/s). That does me, I only notice any problem when on Iplayer there's sometimes a bit of buffering up being done, but it's not often. I think it's fibre to next door and then cable to me. I live up a farm track, about 300 yards from a road. Mobile signal is OK everywhere. £20 per month.

stephec

Legendary Member
I live in the sticks and wilds of Wales. I'm with EE at the moment and we get around 25 mbs. A company has asked if we want fibre broadband. They are being given grants to put it in if enough people respond. I have put my name down for it so we shall see.
I've heard that in Wales you can even get the internet at weekends as well now, surely not? 😂

Top Bottom