Interview

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
joebe said:
:biggrin:When I got filmed for Channel 4's groundbreaking, primetime, canned after the first series, 'Men in White Coats' programme I looked like a right nob. I even managed to invent a new word :tongue:

But I'm sure you'll be fine.

Do you have the footage so we can judge? :becool:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Good luck...

OP
OP
AndyB

AndyB

Ok, well it wasn't too bad.
But I think the nerves kicked in when it came to the speaking part.

I like the bit where the pizza guy nearly went under the bike!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've just had a look at the clip on the interbob and I thought you came across very well. There wasn't the usual "red-light-jumping, pavement hopping cycle-scum who every right-thinking individual has a duty to hate" intro. Unlike the London Tonight blog, written in the Littlejohn style...;)

http://londontonighttonight.blogspot.com/

And we've another story to get your blood boiling. Cyclists - always going through red lights aren't they? Straight across zebra crossings. Mounting pavements.
Well, now some of our two-wheeled warriors have the video evidence which shows THEY'RE not always treated with the greatest care and attention on the roads either.

pbjohnson

I thought you did well

I thought, for cycling, the piece went well.

For actioncameras - the company I am doing the PR for, it was shocking though! We provided a story, based on our stats, begged people to speak to the media and did they even mention us? No.

They took our story and good will and claimed it as their own ... pretty poor I'd say.

I liked the bit where the old chap nearly gets taken out by the pizze guy though!

Cheers for everyone's help though. Regionals next - so we've got Glasgow sorted ... anyone got nice coverage (ideally with a close shave etc) from any city outside London?

Thanks Paul
www.actioncamerasblog.com

OP
OP
AndyB

AndyB

spindrift said:
Any clips?

You can find it on 'catch up' at the moment on the website.
http://www.itvlocal.com/london/news/

Arch

Married to Night Train
pbjohnson said:
I thought, for cycling, the piece went well.

For actioncameras - the company I am doing the PR for, it was shocking though! We provided a story, based on our stats, begged people to speak to the media and did they even mention us? No.

They took our story and good will and claimed it as their own ... pretty poor I'd say.

I liked the bit where the old chap nearly gets taken out by the pizze guy though!

Cheers for everyone's help though. Regionals next - so we've got Glasgow sorted ... anyone got nice coverage (ideally with a close shave etc) from any city outside London?

Thanks Paul
www.actioncamerasblog.com

I guess that's the luck of the draw, and the cut and thrust of journalism.

Obviously, I'm, not in PR, so apologies if this is teaching grandmother to suck eggs, but I'd guess you might have more luck with the 'advertising' side by going to newspapers. It's probably hard for a TV piece of a minute or so to get in the relevant details - they have time to say "so-and-so got so fed up he bought a helmet cam..." and cut to footage, but to get in details of which cam, and where from, and all that, it starts to look like an advert - I certainly think the BBC would shy away from that. Whereas in a newspaper, they have the space to go into it more - including the reasons why etc - and probably print a website address at the end, price details etc. I'm thinking it's probably Guardian or Independant territory (mainly 'coz those are the ones we get in the common room, and that I read)...

OP
OP
AndyB

AndyB

There is also the positive side of things that is so easily missed. Focusing on the bad driving aspect can give the impression that things are much worse than they actually are. We are not going out in search of bad drivers, they just happen very occasionally and they are often completely unaware of what they just did.

I wanted a camera before my incident because I wanted to film exciting, speedy descents, filtering through traffic and the places I get to on the bike. They are nice and fun to watch again and again. The car incident shook me up badly and the camera idea suddenly seemed a way to turn the tables slightly in my favor.

Then once you have the thing it is no trouble to keep it charged and wear it every day. We have interesting rides being on bikes, we are in the midst of the action and see all sorts. :biggrin:

Paul,

Sorry to hear that you didn't get any mention of actioncameras. :biggrin: Obviously you have to do your best for your client. All it would have required at the start of the piece was a quick, 'a campaign has started to get more cyclists to wear helmet cameras by a company called actioncameras. Some cyclists already do this and here is why...'

Andy,

I thought you came across very well, you came across as very thoughtful and not lycra loutish at all. The article as a whole though was quite negative, but the reporters already had an agenda and there is not much we can do about that. The continued focus on RLJing and pavement cycling is infuriating! The first drivers reply was refreshing though (a cyclist perhaps!).

Arch is probably right though, that the papers might be a better bet, especially where time is an issue. Although as has been pointed out to me in the past, does 'The One Show' not have a bit more time where the issues could be expanded upon?

A bit of product placement there!

Where did they find that cyclist at the end? Apparently we should just learn to live with the way we are treated on the road :smile:. Numpty. Although his near collision with the pizza delivery man at the end was priceless!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom