Intimidated by more experienced cyclists :/

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
is yorkshire invading London and/or edinburgh?
Wouldn't put it past them.
No way! One's full of southerners and t'other's full of free-spending, over generous Scots.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm an experienced cyclist, and an advanced trainer to the emergency services. There are too many jerks out there that know south of bugger all but still feel qualified to tell others what to do - BC ride leaders, and to a lesser extent CUK ones too are bad for this - so I tend to ride mainly on my own. By and large the only group riding I do is with other MIAs or IPMBA trainers. BC can be so bad that I'm refusing to allow my youngest to do Bikeability next school year, but because it's now in the syllabus I've had to flash my creds at the school and assure them that I'll be doing a better job myself (in fact, I already have done).

You may fare better with a more informal club or group aimed at ladies - perhaps a root through Facebook to see if there is a local group. Above all, don't feel intimidated - anyone that matters will be supportive of your efforts and genuinely interested in helping you along.

From my own observations that isn't universally the case, although the CUK peace hippies and dodderers are not as bad as the BC Masseev for having inflated ideas about their own place in the food chain.
maybe you need to form your own club drago.
(just don't let potential members see your postings on here) :smile:
Despite certain things I retain a real fondness for ctc (refuse to use new name) and their rides.
BC I associate with ultra-competitiveness bordering on psychopathic, drugs, winning at any cost, definitely not the simple joys of outdoors/at one with nature, folk, fellow citizens, planet earth.

Another thought - no idea how old you are (they tend towards the older bod of both genders) i would recommend Kingston Cyclists - easy to get to Kingston by train - very easygoing, rides many weekends and midweek, very nice principal leader, often fuelled by bread pudding though I have never had any. You don't have to join anything, no entry requirements or initiation ceremonies, mixed bag of folks on all sorts of bikes.

vickster

Legendary Member
Another thought - no idea how old you are (they tend towards the older bod of both genders) i would recommend Kingston Cyclists - easy to get to Kingston by train - very easygoing, rides many weekends and midweek, very nice principal leader, often fuelled by bread pudding though I have never had any. You don't have to join anything, no entry requirements or initiation ceremonies, mixed bag of folks on all sorts of bikes.
She’s 19

She’s 19
no probs - with a few rides will be as fit as some older folks - they never leave anyone.

Top Bottom