Introducing Lelly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice bike Martin!

So, yet another Planet X Ti Sportive on the road..............I think 'll have to buy another type of bike now, as there's just too many of the things around now.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'll have to get Ian to have a look over your bike at the next FNRttC. Perhaps you will then get as much abuse as I do!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Rides very well. I think I've nailed the setup now but haven't had a chance to test it yet. On the rides I have done, it's varied from feeling a bit slow (compared to my carbon road bike) to ripping my knee apart (saddle to high). The last "round the block" I did felt better and quicker so I'm hoping to do a century at normal speeds this weekend. Comfort-wise it's a huge forward step from carbon.

Garz

Squat Member
Mine will be distinctive, if only for the accumulated dirt!!! :cycle:

Then you can tell people it's the tortoise shell effect Ti model! ^_^

Comfort-wise it's a huge forward step from carbon.

Really? I went straight from Alu (with carbon fork) to Titanium without sampling carbon so I wouldn't know the difference. Also many people on here and other forums will be quite protective of their carbon machines..

zigzag

Veteran
it's too easy to state that this bike is made of this material therefore more/less comfy. comparing with giant (is it tcr?) it's obvious that planet-x has longer wheelbase and possibly shallower angles which all contribute to comfort. just look at that gap between the seat tube and rear tyre! almost like a touring bike - so no surprise it feels more relaxed and comfy.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Fair point Rimas. It is more comfortable than the scr but they are completely different bikes. I'm not used to Lelly yet so I have to say I prefer commuting on the Giant, it just feels right

I hear your new bike wants to change its baptised name by bad deed poll. I suppose it must have been a difficult choice as martint with a new bicycle in Titanium might lead to the acronym Tit - and it looks nothing like one...just sitting there on its own. :whistle:
LEL? Ti? Lillet?
Nah. Lelly is for lellow bikes - McTit maybe?
:smile:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Today's ride is the first one where Lelly felt entirely right. The setup is good, the ride is unbelievably comfortable. I was having doubts this morning but I figure so she's not as quick as Giant but then she doesn't need to be. I only have to be as quick as everyone else. Also I'm not going to win a sprint on Lelly but then I'm not entering any sprints on Lelly!

Top Bottom