Introduction and can anyone help find my local cycling group?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Retired Pete

Hi everyone

I have just joined the chat group. I recently retired, and when the wife said ‘why don’t you get on your bike’, I could have taken it the wrong way. However what drove her to suggest that was that while out walking around Shoeburyness (Southend on Sea), she saw an all men’s cycling group called ‘the last of the summer wine’, and thought that I would enjoy joining the group. They are apparently for the 58+ age range, and cycle on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However I have not been able to find a contact name and number. If anyone can let me know how I can reach them, then that would be much appreciated..

Best regards
Peter

Last edited:

Trickedem

Guru
Hi everyone

I have just joined the chat group. I recently retired, and when the wife said ‘why don’t you get on your bike’, I could have taken it the wrong way. However what drove her to suggest that was that while out walking around Shoeburyness (Southend on Sea), she saw an all men’s cycling group called ‘the last of the summer wine’, and thought that I would enjoy joining the group. They are apparently for the 58+ age range, and cycle on Tuesdays and Thursdays. However I have not been able to find a contact name and number. If anyone can let me know how I can reach them, then that would be much appreciated..

Best regards
Peter
Peter, did you look at this site https://www.cyclesouthend.co.uk/get-riding/regular-ridesgroupsclubs/ The Tuesday Riders seem similar to what you are looking for.

Top Bottom