Introduction Area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Hello Joe also :tongue:.

Do you work in a woodyard or does your name refer to your drinking habits? ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
johnr said:
Welcome both. Hats off to anyone riding a bike in Ireland. I visit every year, but not yet had the guts to try anything braver than the back lanes of Kerry on a borrowed bike!

Any tips?

I saw a lady once, riding along the main road that crosses the border into Fermanagh, on a rainy day, riding with one hand, holding an umbrella in the other...

It was the same weeK I saw a farmer bringing his little girl home from school, on the same road. She was sitting in the front bucket of his JCB....

I love Ireland.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My partner was in NI last week and tells me that he saw a dog running down the road dragging the newsagent's A-board that he'd been tied to.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Longers,

LOL...No, I haven't actually LOST any digits...but since I tore the tendons in the little finger of my left hand, years ago, I can't use it when I play the fiddle. I have to play "three-fingered".

Joe

Kirst

I'm Kirsten, I'm 37, I'm in Edinburgh and I'm an occupational therapist. I don't know if I'm really "a cyclist" - but last year I joined my employer's bike to work scheme and have been commuting by bike since June. Before that, I hadn't been near a bike (other than the ones that nearly run me down on pavements) since George Michael was straight, so I'm a bit proud of myself for sticking with it.

I don't own any lycra for cycling but I do have a helmet, and I'm sure I have a pair of stockings somewhere with lyrcra in them.

Oh, also, just to give you an idea of the sort of person I am, and way my life goes, once a tramp stuck his fingers in my ear when I was standing at a bus stop.

longers

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome Kirst :idea:. Friends of mine were telling me you get a better sort of tramp in Edinburgh, some of them are almost celebrities.

ash68

Hi kirst, just adding my hello to the list you will no doubt aquire.Are you the same Kirst that has been on the CTC forum. Think I've seen the name before somewhere and that rings a bell. Hope you enjoy your time on here, it does tend to be fun and light hearted most of the time.

Hi Kirsten, nice to "meet" you. Enjoy the forum. Good signature line, by the way.;)