Inventions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My 7 year old school is obviously in inventing mode ... he has just invented a new bike lock (not sure it will take off ... its in the bike stand), but it is reflective, a new pannier ... including a phone pocket, and now mudguards - apparently these ones are reflective too....

He is making drawings of all his inventions and driving me around the bend asking to spell lots of words.

I'm impressed with both his inventiveness and his concern for me on the bike.

Sounds good, summerdays! He's only to be encouraged. :biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
It's how I started off. Taking nothing for granted and assuming everything could be made better. Needs encouraging as there is not enough of that sort of thinking in the youth of today. In due course, introduce him to a local patent agent so he isn't afraid of protecting his ideas.

domtyler

Über Member
If he gets any really good ideas that could end up making an absolute fortune you can PM them to me first and I'll give them the once over and get the paper work under way for you.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You might well want to start thinking about career things in a few years time. When he becomes a teenager get him some mechanical engineering and other general engineering books?

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
His dad is was a computer geek in his teens/30's, and one of the what are instructions for... type. He and a mate made a device for one of their O or A-levels ... and on the day it didn't work ... so they quickly fudged it so that it produced some almost but not perfect results (when they pressed a button out of site of the examiner).

Somehow Dom I think I will turn down your kind offer:biggrin:

Top Bottom