Inventory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
On the next decent day we get I am going to completely empty my two sheds and also tip out all the carrier bags of stuff in the third, I'm going to hunt through all my spares boxes and tool boxes. Then I am going to make a complete inventory of everything cycle related.

What has bought on this sudden impulse I don't hear you asking, but I will tell you anyway.

In another thread somewhere on here today I told how one of the downtube shifters was US for my Raleigh. I have now ordered and paid for a new set from Ebay. I have also been looking for a new Shimano 6 speed screw on freewheel I knew I had somewhere. I found a box in one of my rarely entered sheds and guess what I found in that box. A pair of brand new 6 speed downtube shifters, exactly the same model that were fitted to the Raleigh and exactly the same blasted model I just wasted a tenner on. I also eventually found the new Freewheel. It was on top of the freezer in the outhouse. It must have been there over a year. I can't believe I hadn't had my earhole bashed about it but my darling wife is only five foot nothing so she probably couldn't see on top of the freezer.

This flippin' roadbike had better be worth all this hassle!

Davidc

Guru
I know that feeling. Not just bike bits either.

You'll enjoy meeting some old friends.

snorri

Legendary Member
On the next decent day we get I am going to completely empty my two sheds
I am able to identify your problem, you need a new shed.
With just two sheds you simply don't have enough storage space to set out all of your "stuff" in a readily accessible manner.
It's amazing how few people realise the n+1 formula is every bit as relevant to sheds as it is to bicycles.:smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

Been there done that, a few weeks ago I broke a tyre lever, I knew there was a third one in the set but I looked everywhere and couldn't find it, today I was looking for a drill bit, I didn't find the bit, but I found the missing tyre lever :wacko:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I am able to identify your problem, you need a new shed.
With just two sheds you simply don't have enough storage space to set out all of your "stuff" in a readily accessible manner.
It's amazing how few people realise the n+1 formula is every bit as relevant to sheds as it is to bicycles.:smile:

Christ! Why didn't I think of that! I need another shed.

Just bought a torx driver to replace the TWO bought a couple of months ago.

On that occasion, I bought two on the basis that I would always be able to find one of them when needed. Wrong!:wacko:

Top Bottom