Invisable Helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Trevrev

Trevrev

Veteran
Please, no comments of my mis-spelling in the title! :thumbsup:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Not for me ta... There's a reason why bike helmets haven't changed in such a long time - they work!
How long is a long time? As the modern bicycle helmet hasn't looked this way for 40 years.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
How is having that great big hippy bean bag around your neck "invisible", especially on a hot day when you're in your shorts and t-shirt...and massive, massive 20 tog duvet. I'd rather wear a bearskin hat from the Guards.

Reactions: gaz

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
I can see it being worn somewhere you'd wear a scarf anyway but I think the £10m in funding is probably as much about the patents which will find their way into something else oneday.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
As I've said, it's not very obtrusive and it wouldn't make you sweaty. I've actually tried one on and it's not something I'd be very bothered by. But the point is, that's not the big problem with it, which is that it's very expensive and it's single use! :smile:
Surely they could make it re-usable. A re-packable helmet part (if they can do it with parachutes then why not?) and a small replaceable gas canister like are used in brewing. It cannot be beyond the wit of these obviously intelligent designers.

Top Bottom