IOM TT sportive ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimidh

Veteran
The mountain road would be easy on a single speed - so long as you has a 30 on the rear!!

Jimidh

Veteran
I spent 10 months working in the IoM almost 20 years ago but as it was temporary secondment I never took my bike across - although to be honest I spent most of the time drinking so I wouldn't have ridden the mountain course anyway.

Great place and some lovely places to ride your bike.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've done it twice on the International Cycling week in the late 80's as the Mountain Time Trial. Road bike in just under 1 hour 50.

Bloody great climb if you get the wind behind, nightmare if not - had both situations.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My fastest time was in 1989 then rode again in 1990. I remember as my bike was brand new (my Frank Herety) and 8 Speed Dura Ace was the bees knees.

Mr O'bree turned up for the 10s and 25's - his bike did look funny, but only Boardman could challenge him. It was a week long event, and we mainly rode the TT's, 10, 25 and the Mountain TT. A couple of mates did crits on the first year. On non-racing days we'd ride round the Island and passed Nigel Mansel's house between Douglass and Laxey.

Sharky

Guru
Rode a few events in the 1969 week, but the best ride was after we watched a criterium on the west side of the island and everybody returning to Douglas on the east side. It was the fastest chain gang I've ever ridden in!

mike3121

I was going to do this last year but it was the day after my solo coast 2 coast ride so I gave it a miss.
I may be up for it this year fingers crossed

there is somebody doing this ride on 5th March for Clatterbridge Cancer Charity, they are asking for people to join them, bit to early in the year for me I wont be fit enough by then

https://www.facebook.com/events/896650563789839/

Top Bottom