IoW - turbo boys ride out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
What a great day out, and so nice to meet everyone. Apart from the M3 and me worrying about if I'd get to the port it all worked out well. Back to the ferry in plenty of time, plus the steep climb and switchbacks up to the needles, just what we all needed after the constant ups and downs.
Was a brilliant day, again, many thanks for organising. Legs a bit sore now but well worth the effort. Such a beautiful place to cycle.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
41 pages in the planning, it nearly went pear shaped before we'd even got going! But it turned out nice in the end :smile:

I had a lovely day today. Great to meet kipster and Bridgy. It's probably boring saying how nice everyone is but it's very true!

Sorry I didn't end up staying over, ecspecially seeing as curry sounds much nicer than anything I can find in my own fridge...

Thanks against guys for a lovely day :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Big respect to Kipster for sorting ferry, routes and a trip to the sisters. It was s great day out not at all ruined by the motley crew I had to cycle with. Apart from Bridgy who was a gent through out. Though he having a dirty Mac D has slightlyaffected my view of him^_^
I actually have a bit of sun tan on the legs -in late September!
I hope to see Bill and others, perhaps even AAAC as well as all those who could t cone, on the next one

Last edited:
OP
OP
kipster

kipster

Guru
Big respect to Kipster for sorting ferry, routes and a trip to the sisters. It was s great day out not at all ruined by the motley crew I had to cycle with. Apart from Bridgy who was a gent through out. Though he having a dirty Mac D has slightlyaffected my view of him^_^
I actually have a bit of sun tan on the legs -in late September!
I hope to see Bill and others, perhaps even AAAC as well as all those who could t cone, on the next one
I've got sun burn, both arms but just one of my legs. I'll have to go back and do the route anti clockwise :-)

bridgy

Legendary Member
This is the IOW Randonnee I mentioned to you @CXRAndy - it's a really nice chilled out event that rarely feels as popular and busy as it is when you're out on the road. Free to enter but lots of home made cake to buy at the checkpoints! I might try and do it with my kids next year

<Tommy>

Maybe we should create a thread specifically for all future adventures or proposed adventures?

I think some of you guys already know I can't make the double devil next year as some selfish in law has decided to get married that weekend (I'm assuming it'll be held over the same bank holiday weekend next year).

Gutted really. I was hoping Breedon and me could get properly lost next year and turn it into a lejog attempt! ^_^

Breedon

Legendary Member
Maybe we should create a thread specifically for all future adventures or proposed adventures?

I think some of you guys already know I can't make the double devil next year as some selfish in law has decided to get married that weekend (I'm assuming it'll be held over the same bank holiday weekend next year).

Gutted really. I was hoping Breedon and me could get properly lost next year and turn it into a lejog attempt! ^_^
that's IF they do the DD

<Tommy>

that's IF they do the DD

Very true Breedon. From what I understand Bianchi may not sponsor the event and / or it won't be the same epic route that they've used the last few years. I suppose what I'm pondering is if people would fancy trying a different event instead. Isn't there a closed road event in Wales that goes through Brecon?

Top Bottom