iPhone question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My iPhone 7 has started ‘locating’ me in entirely spurious places. In the your location thingy it’s been saying I’m in Bristol, Worcester and BD54 ( wherever that is?!) it also sometimes puts me in other locations which are more local and therefore more understandable as the GPS could I guess conceivably get confused, but surely not 100/200 miles off course. Any ideas? Anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

figbat

Slippery scientist
When you are falsely-located, are you connected to WiFi? Sometimes a WiFi router will have spurious geolocation data.

OP
OP
F

FaustoCoppi

Yes, as it’s when I’m indoors on the router, we’ve just gone over from a hard wired broadband supply to 4G WiFi because our internet speed was laughable, living in a rural village, the new 4G is half the cost of the landline version and at the moment appears to be more stable and better service. So what is spurious geolocation data? How would that be in the router, it appears to be brand new out of a sealed box.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This might improve things for you:
Go into your Settings, Connections, Location, and make sure the following are set: The Location slider is ON. The Locating method is set to High accuracy. Open Improve accuracy and set Wi-Fi scanning ON, and set Bluetooth scanning ON.

OP
OP
F

FaustoCoppi

I would if I had any idea how to🤣 it’s a simple Hutchinson 3network SIM plug and play router, there is an accompanying app, but it only gets two ⭐️ stars and very poor reviews I couldn’t even get past the menu Home Screen. It’s a Huwawei router so it’s probably spying on me 😉😄

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That’s on your phone, sorry if I misled you. The advice might be for Android so you’ll need to find the equivalent iOS settings

OP
OP
F

FaustoCoppi

I can’t find anything that relates to this, however, I have managed to restore one of my email accounts ( goodness knows how) to my phone, which until recently I could only see on my Mac! I’m not at all IT literate!

OP
OP
F

FaustoCoppi

Thank you, I'll read and have a go at resolving it. Thank you 👍

Top Bottom