iphone woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
anybody any good with iphones ?mine has just died completely and wont switch on at all,when i connect charger its not even recognized by the comp ,its totally dead ,any idea other than take it back to the store ?

albion

Guru
I heard that lithium batteries are unsafe when run too low so a safety fuse/circuit, usually in the battery,
KOs them permanently.

anybody any good with iphones ?mine has just died completely and wont switch on at all,when i connect charger its not even recognized by the comp ,its totally dead ,any idea other than take it back to the store ?

Have you let the battery go flat? If so it takes a few minutes on the charger before it gets enough charge to do anything so can give the appearance of being dead. Plug it in and leave it charging for half an hour and then try again to see if its still playing dead. If it is take it to an Apple Store (do a Genius Bar booking on line first). They are pretty good at getting stuff sorted out.

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Also, if its stoney flat, try plugging it directly into a wall charger rather than trying to do it through a PC. I can't speak for sure on modern gen iPhones as I've not had that problem, but I know for definate most older gen iPods, when completely out of juice, wouldnt actually initiate a charge off of a PC USB.

And, like Red Light says, leave it for a good while. When I got my 32GB 4 new, Carphone Warehouse had to get it from a warehouse somewhere with a 14 day lead time, so I guess it had been sat around for a bit which is never great for a battery. It took the best part of two hours before I had any sign of life out of mine.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Hi there do you close all your apps down if not you may have that many open the phone has gone into shut down . If you hold the top button and the round button on the front together it should bring it back on you then need to shut down all the apps running in the back ground . Double tap the round button on the front it will bring up the apps that are running touch and hold the first app until they wobble with a no entry sign then tap the sign to close all the apps down , you are NOT. Deleting the app simple closing it down all iPhones users should do this every few days it's the same method for the I pad . Hope the helps Shaun

MattHB

Proud Daddy

have you got it damp? all iPhones have a moisture detector just inside the headphone socket which will prevent it from powering up until dry. If not, then take it back to apple.

Apps do not run in the background Cheshire.
It is just a list of apps recently used.

this is not true. Many apps continue to gather and process data in the background (cyclemeter, messages, phone etc). Some however are in a frozen state, which are shown on the app switcher.. while these dont take up processing power, they do take up memory where their snapshot is stored.

Apps do not run in the background Cheshire.
It is just a list of apps recently used.
As stated above, this is not true, it could be an app that is causing it to crash.

Have you done a reboot? Hold to top button and the home button at the same time for a few seconds. If that starts the phone up, it will be worth thinking about the latest apps you have used/downloaded and deleting them.

If not, it could as suggested by wet. Failing all of that, Apple shops are great at sorting out problems, it just takes a while to be seen.

albion

Guru
all iPhones have a moisture detector just inside the headphone socket which will prevent it from powering up until dry.
My phone goes sweaty in my pocket which is bad news for longevity so it now goes elsewhere.

But how on earth do they read the 'litmus like paper' spot that changes colour so that the warranty guys know how you have been using it.

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
I ended up taking it to the apple shop , they fixed it,pressing the buttons in any combination done nothing , they plugged it into a dock in the shop and reinstalled the os while saving all my data and it's fine now , when asked about what was wrong they just said it was a system crash , could've been any number of things, basically non comittal but anyhow it's fixed now

Top Bottom