iPod recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

marinyork said:
Yes, if Black Sheep had bothered to read my post and apply some common sense rather than be a smart arse they'd see I was referring to the length edges "narrow" on the second ipod.

Eh?

Not wishing to start something but I think it's you that is being unclear. Are you talking about the corners of the ipod?

Matthew

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The second generation nano has a set of edges that are sharp. Black Sheep thinks not. I suggest he/she actually handles one. The other sides have smoothed edges. The 3rd gen nano has the "smoothest" edges by far.

The point is if you put one in your pocket and it's a very tight pocket it might hurt your leg. Cycling has up and down movements so it is that edge that's going to dig in. If it isn't a tight pocket, it's probably not an issue.

MajorMantra

marinyork said:
The second generation nano has a set of edges that are sharp. Black Sheep thinks not. I suggest he/she actually handles one. The other sides have smoothed edges. The 3rd gen nano has the "smoothest" edges by far.

I have to agree with Black Sheep here. I own a 2nd gen nano and although it has moderately sharp edges at the top and bottom, the sides are smooth and rounded. Overall, it's very smooth to hold and I've never had the slightest problem carrying it in a pocket.

Matthew

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Do you read my posts? I've fully compared all four generation ones and you've even said yourself it has moderately sharp edges. I added in the proviso of if you carry it in a pocket that is very tight in the leg then it'll dig in. It really does!

marinyork said:

The point is if you put one in your pocket and it's a very tight pocket it might hurt your leg. Cycling has up and down movements so it is that edge that's going to dig in. If it isn't a tight pocket, it's probably not an issue.

black sheep was tired and in a rush when posting.

the top and bottom (shortest edges) of a 2nd G nano are indeed sharp but the casing wraps round the long edges?

thats what mine does

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I've got the new 3rd generation shuffle.

It only comes in 4GB, but where I got it it was cheaper than the 2GB 2nd generation

It's TINY, and has a really good, stylish clip. It clips to a cycling jersey pocket and never falls off. It really is tiny.

i think it's great.

The controls are on the headphone, but no problems yet, and you can use other headphones, it just means you can't skip tracks

OP
OP
R

Renard

zimzum42 said:
I've got the new 3rd generation shuffle.

It only comes in 4GB, but where I got it it was cheaper than the 2GB 2nd generation

It's TINY, and has a really good, stylish clip. It clips to a cycling jersey pocket and never falls off. It really is tiny.

i think it's great.

The controls are on the headphone, but no problems yet, and you can use other headphones, it just means you can't skip tracks

That's the one I've just got.

OP
OP
R

Renard

Silver. Now that i've managed to make it work it sounds very good. Similar issues with the headphones. Buds don't stay in my ear too well. I was given 'in ear' phones as a pressie but buy apple ones was £50 at the local HMV which is just too high a price for the controller.

twowheelsgood

stewlewis said:
4GB Sansa Clip from Play @ £27.
Sound much better than an Ipod.

+1

or get the Sansa Fuze. You really do realise how poor the ipod sound is when you listen to these.

You can add memory cards too. Something you'll never see on an ipod as Apple want you to buy a new one each year.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
The Sansa Clip looks quite big and chunky...

I got the Apple because it is really tiny, and looks good. I don't need a screen or amazing sound.

It only costs about £50, and I can and I'm willing to pay the premium, especially as it will go with all my other Apple stuff!

Top Bottom