Irish Tour - spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That was pretty tough for an opening stage - no 5km prologues here! - and a 13 minute gap may look like game over already, but today's stage is much tougher... it would be a pretty tasty sportive actually.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
You would have thought on such a short tour, that the 'chasing pack' wouldn't have let them get away by quite so much. Bit like the Tour of Britain two years ago that was effectively won on day one.

Someone in that first bunch has surely to hold on?

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Stijn Vandenberg still in the lead after yesterdays stage 2, as said above it looks as if one of the original breakaway will win the GC. Nice to see Kristian House of Navigators doing well in the 2nd stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Stijn Vandenberg still keeps his 20 seconds lead after stage three, the race seems good but that first day break has taken some of the excitement out of it for me somehow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yeah, I knoe what you mean, Keith. I don't know what some of the teams were thinking, letting a breakaway get 13 minutes on day one... but there's still some big days to come.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
The final rsult of the GC

1 Stijn Vandenberg (Bel) Unibet.com 21.20.21
2 Marcus Ljungqvist (Swe) Team CSC 0.20
3 Aaron Olson (USA) T-Mobile Team 0.21
4 Wesley Sulzberger (Aus) South Australia.com - AIS 0.24
5 Pieter Jacobs (Bel) Unibet.com 0.27

Unibet are at least going out with some pride and showing what might have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom