Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Considering a GoPro black but they're quite pricey?

What do you think? Just a toy? Good fun? Better putting it towards the n+1?

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Got asked to chum a track sprinter on her return to the road today, set alaram, woke up in middle of an amazing dream,to a text saying she can't make it. Been stood up before, but being stood up to cycle! Never known pain like this :sad: guess I will have to go and do it myself now.....the cycle I mean

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
On a different note I may have spotted a CC Jersey yesterday on the Ferry Road cycle path in Edinburgh - the front light was so blinding I only caught a glimpse on the way past! Wasn't anyone I recognised but if it was you on the cycle path approx 4:45 yesterday I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge you - I was too busy trying not to crash into you :blink: !

An orange/black shirt ? @goo_mason ?

Booyaa

Veteran
Oh and on another note! I've heard a rumour from an authoritative source that there is to be a Etape Loch Ness Sportive next year on 4 May - 67 miles looping the Loch starting in Inverness heading West down the A82 then back up the B862/B852 - closed roads for a time, minimum speed, etc

Seems a bit close to the Etape Caledonia date but will probably serve as either a good beginners sportive or a leg warmer for the EC with the shorter distance and (I imagine) lower elevation.
Are you allowed to do these sportives without a road bike? I only have a flat bar/hybrid.

Re. The Edinburgh Bike Co-op problem, I got my bike from them last year and within a few weeks had to get the back wheel fixed as there was a few looses spokes and it had gone out of true, at the time I put it down to excessive weight on the bike...

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Just realised my two rides today totalled 100km.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
On a different note I may have spotted a CC Jersey yesterday on the Ferry Road cycle path in Edinburgh - the front light was so blinding I only caught a glimpse on the way past! Wasn't anyone I recognised but if it was you on the cycle path approx 4:45 yesterday I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge you - I was too busy trying not to crash into you :blink: !
Could've been me - can't remember if I was wearing my CC shirt (I have the orange & black one and the new blue one) or something else! Can't remember having my Ay-Ups on on Thursday afternoon either - all I remember is that my gears had stopped working that afternoon! I had my camera on, so should be able to spot you if I look back at the clip ^_^

If it was me, and my lights were blinding - my apologies! I try and keep them tilted down but the Edinburgh roads are so bumpy that they start to ride up over a few days. Must remember to check them more often.

(On other days I wear an 'I Pay Road Tax' or a ZipVit top, and mainly ride on Ferry Road itself. Rode the path on Thursday because I'd lost my gears and was stuck in top gear, which wouldn't have made for a lot of laughts setting off from the lights on the road with a car revving away behind me).

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Checked my video - I did have my lights on that night. Were you: wearing a peach shirt & riding with yellow/black panniers, or blue top over long grey sleeves with black/yellow/white helmet, or black shorts/top, a blue bike and panniers, or grey top with red sleeve details & had to avoid the teen who'd stepped in your way, or black/red top, red panniers and a strobing front light, or skin-tone top/jersey with sleeves rolled up, a yellow hi-viz rucksack cover and riding a MTB?

The fun of trying to list all the cyclists I passed that night on the Ferry Road Path! :laugh:

Col5632

Guru
Got asked to chum a track sprinter on her return to the road today, set alaram, woke up in middle of an amazing dream,to a text saying she can't make it. Been stood up before, but being stood up to cycle! Never known pain like this :sad: guess I will have to go and do it myself now.....the cycle I mean

If she was as nice as the woman we saw on the st andrews ride back in June you would have been even more gutted :laugh:

Fubar

Guru
Checked my video - I did have my lights on that night. Were you: wearing a peach shirt & riding with yellow/black panniers, or blue top over long grey sleeves with black/yellow/white helmet, or black shorts/top, a blue bike and panniers, or grey top with red sleeve details & had to avoid the teen who'd stepped in your way, or black/red top, red panniers and a strobing front light, or skin-tone top/jersey with sleeves rolled up, a yellow hi-viz rucksack cover and riding a MTB?

The fun of trying to list all the cyclists I passed that night on the Ferry Road Path! :laugh:

That was me, most likely. No worries about the lights, I prefer to see who is coming and the cycle paths can be dull/busy in the afternoon anyway. Nice to (sort of) meet you!

Top Bottom