Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Nice 13 mile cycle to my work this morning, done 20 miles after work yesterday and boy are my legs feeling it today, still got to cycle home and play 1hr of footie tonight :heat:

geeboy1970

Persuaded my lovely wife that my bike is too far gone to warrant fixing ,7 years and 20k+ miles does that^_^ .So phoned Dales and I can hopefully pick up a Giant Defy 1 2014 in black/red.Tried one a few weeks ago and was very surprised how good it was considering its an ali frame and was doubly pleased about getting the 2014 one so soon.I may fix up the old bike next year but wheels ,gears bearings etc are bleeding expensive so maybe I will punt it on ebay as a project for someone.

geeboy1970

The old bike when it was all shiney

Attachments

• spec.jpg
    spec.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 58

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Persuaded my lovely wife that my bike is too far gone to warrant fixing ,7 years and 20k+ miles does that^_^ .So phoned Dales and I can hopefully pick up a Giant Defy 1 2014 in black/red.Tried one a few weeks ago and was very surprised how good it was considering its an ali frame and was doubly pleased about getting the 2014 one so soon.I may fix up the old bike next year but wheels ,gears bearings etc are bleeding expensive so maybe I will punt it on ebay as a project for someone.
Don't forget change your avatar :thumbsup: Also: Red bar tape and black saddle? You'll need to do something about that...

Col5632

Guru
is the nights drawing in and limiting cycling going to be this depressing every year? im going to have to take a wife, or worse still go to spin classes to fill my nights :sad:

Commute once or twice a week?

Why so many cyclists in Largs today? I was working and saw a lot more than usual heading through the town. Some were obviously involved in some sort of event, as they had numbers attached to their bikes. Anyone on here involved?

Edit: Looks like it was the Glasgow 100 circular route out of Bishopton.

I was meant to be doing that but pulled out because of a terrible weather forecast and the knee pain from the 5 ferry challenge :-(

How's the back?

Top Bottom