Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
... is there an option for those of who are 'vertically challenged' and 'bent ???

Are you saying we need to consider a route with a tunnel or 'short way around the hills'? :scratch::giggle:

I think the Bathgate Alps could work for different options, sending the mountain goats up and down the hills in a meandering fashion, while the rest of us head up the easy way along the gradual climb along the spine from Winchburgh/Faucheldean...
... followed by food/cake :hungry: in Linlithgow, at the cafe opposite from the Coffee Neuk?

The Rigg could work as a 'once up' for most of us, the really nasty bit is less than 100 m long, with the rest ride-able on tanks with panniers on :whistle: - so should work for those of a 'bent persuasion', too ... especially if we have an option starting from Longniddry for those with less of a mile-eating habit ...

Best wait for @Rasmus to comment on any of this before we get ahead of ourselves? ...we could just plan a 'normal'* route if he is very unsure whether he can make any date, and cross fingers that he'll be there :thumbsup:

T

* almost flat, no hills :rolleyes:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I remember when I first became an uncle ... my first thought was "Oh No ! I'm old - all uncles are old !" :ohmy:
There are exceptions! I was at a mates wedding a lot of years ago when a young lady caught my eye. On talking to her, it turned out she was my mates Aunt, yet she was 2 years younger than him :wacko:.
Mates Dad was eldest of 7 siblings, and young lady was the youngest. The age span was about 25 years.

Unclehood is generally awesome until they become 11 or 12 years old, that's the point where feeling old and uncool kicks in. 17 years between oldest and youngest. So I've been uncool for a while now :becool:

Col5632

Guru
Are you saying we need to consider a route with a tunnel or 'short way around the hills'? :scratch::giggle:

I think the Bathgate Alps could work for different options, sending the mountain goats up and down the hills in a meandering fashion, while the rest of us head up the easy way along the gradual climb along the spine from Winchburgh/Faucheldean...
... followed by food/cake :hungry: in Linlithgow, at the cafe opposite from the Coffee Neuk?

The Rigg could work as a 'once up' for most of us, the really nasty bit is less than 100 m long, with the rest ride-able on tanks with panniers on :whistle: - so should work for those of a 'bent persuasion', too ... especially if we have an option starting from Longniddry for those with less of a mile-eating habit ...

Best wait for @Rasmus to comment on any of this before we get ahead of ourselves? ...we could just plan a 'normal'* route if he is very unsure whether he can make any date, and cross fingers that he'll be there :thumbsup:

T

* almost flat, no hills :rolleyes:

Almost time for the annual perth ride too :dance:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Almost time for the annual perth ride too :dance:
"Mostly flat, a few lumps, no real hills" !! :wahhey:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
sneaked out on the bike tonight, excuse used was too wet to run

first time I have fit and used my Ass Saver on one of the bikes, and must say it worked a treat on very sodden roads, back was pretty damn dry. disadvantage was it cant be used with saddle bag on.

also rode as much as i could on the drops, has destroyed my body, but think I could get used to it. think saddle will have to go up a bit further to really take advantage of it

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I did 300 last may and so far this month ive done about 150 :sad:
... but you've got (or are getting) a
upload_2014-5-19_22-32-24.jpeg

:unsure:

:headshake:

Top Bottom