Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, it's been a strange sort of a weekend - I had planned a jaunt through to Embra on Saturday Afternoon to walk up Arthur's seat with some friends and was going to see a show (a screening of my brother performing at Glyndebourne) at the GFT on Sunday with my mother. Unfortunately, she tripped on a raised paving slab after the Elton John concert at the Hydro on Friday and has shattered her right kneecap and bruised/possibly fractured her wrist. She was operated on on Saturday Morning and is already walking with the aid of a zimmer / crutches and should hopefully get home on Wednesday (talk about determined!) The damage to her knee seems pretty bad though and they're not sure how well the repair will last or what the chance of significant recovery is but it will take at least six weeks before she is allowed to even bend it apparently... Just devastated for her, she is such an active person and being stuck in the house unable to potter in the garden, get out and about etc will be really frustrating but she's made of strong stuff and I'm sure she'll be back to it sooner than the doctors think!
Ouch, sounds like a bad one - hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Ouch, sounds like a bad one - hope she makes a speedy recovery.
+1, GWS HP's mam!

Fubar

Guru
Well, it's been a strange sort of a weekend - I had planned a jaunt through to Embra on Saturday Afternoon to walk up Arthur's seat with some friends and was going to see a show (a screening of my brother performing at Glyndebourne) at the GFT on Sunday with my mother. Unfortunately, she tripped on a raised paving slab after the Elton John concert at the Hydro on Friday and has shattered her right kneecap and bruised/possibly fractured her wrist. She was operated on on Saturday Morning and is already walking with the aid of a zimmer / crutches and should hopefully get home on Wednesday (talk about determined!) The damage to her knee seems pretty bad though and they're not sure how well the repair will last or what the chance of significant recovery is but it will take at least six weeks before she is allowed to even bend it apparently... Just devastated for her, she is such an active person and being stuck in the house unable to potter in the garden, get out and about etc will be really frustrating but she's made of strong stuff and I'm sure she'll be back to it sooner than the doctors think!

No likey! Sounds like a sore one, please pass on my best wishes to L :hugs: On the up side it means she'll have plenty time to be knitting Minions, I'll expect to be presented with a purple one on the tour!! GWS

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Get well soon, HP's mum!

T

(from Utrecht, which has gone TdF mad - trees wrapped in polka dot fabric, TdF bunting everywhere, themed shop windows, and of course the usual people on bikes everywhere rather than streets clogged by stinky cars, paradise :-), shame I've got to work - non-cycling related ...)

Brandane

Legendary Member
Sun's oot; no work today; and I can hear Arran calling! The 8.20 ferry beckons........ :okay:

Today's question. I have cycled to work as I do 2/3 days a week. However I have a dentist appointment at 1750 this afternoon. Therefore this afternoon do I a) cycle straight home, get showered and changed before going to the dentist, or b) as its such a nice day I do a few extra miles and go to the dentist on my way home in full cycling kit?

Col5632

Guru
Today's question. I have cycled to work as I do 2/3 days a week. However I have a dentist appointment at 1750 this afternoon. Therefore this afternoon do I a) cycle straight home, get showered and changed before going to the dentist, or b) as its such a nice day I do a few extra miles and go to the dentist on my way home in full cycling kit?

I don't think I could go in full cycling gear, plus I do sweat quite a bit :laugh:

Fubar

Guru

B. I would stink if I did that but I'm sure the dentist has smelt worse. Do you have somewhere secure to tether your bike while you are in there?

Top Bottom