Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
There is a railing I can lock my bike to plus I have a wee cafe lock with me today

Just nonchalontly wheel your bike into the waiting room, check in and sit down - they'll think your nuts but who cares??

Fubar

Guru
(Posted this in "Future Tour Suggestions" but double-posting here for more exposure, discussion, etc):

Here's a thought that has been formulating in my head for 2016 - jumping the gun a bit, I know. How about an RV ride involving the good people of CC Ecosse and those fine North of England types?

Let me explain: We pick a nice location to visit, i.e. Northumberland, Durham, Lake District, Peaks, etc; we find out how many are interested; we book accommodation; we head there for a weekend from our relative locations; we meet-up with the Northern CC'ers; we make merry! Other CC'ers would be welcome to join us either for the day or the whole weekend - locals could organise rides to "show us the sights".

Probably close to the border makes sense, so it's within a days cycling for the majority.

Can be discussed further on this years tour - just thought I'd put it out there for thoughts, suggestions, poo-pooing, etc.

Now at Catacol for pub lunch. Cider and fish cakes. Weather good, nice tail wind all the way up the west coast, and hoping the east will be sheltered by the hills!
Enjoying work @Louch ?
Edit.. That mad spaniel is still here, @Pat"5mph" , the one that never gets bored jumping into Kilbrannan Sound to retrieve plastic bottles!
Not at all envious. Nope, not one bit.

just thought I'd put it out there for thoughts, suggestions, poo-pooing, etc.
Obligatory:

Top Bottom