Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Didn't think we had confirmed as this weekend being on sorry. I'll be in touch

Col5632

Guru
My dad has been to the police station to pick up my bike, sounds like the front forks are snapped and the tyre is off the front wheel but no other damage, need to look into if and how much it will cost to get it fixed! Does anybody know the procedure for claming it against the house insurance?

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
My dad has been to the police station to pick up my bike, sounds like the front forks are snapped and the tyre is off the front wheel but no other damage, need to look into if and how much it will cost to get it fixed! Does anybody know the procedure for claming it against the house insurance?
You will need to phone them up, state what happened , and they will talk you through it. Did you declare bike on your insurance? Some companies don't cover automatically. Given cost of btwin are you maybe better off not using it than claimi g against Ouse insurance in your first year? Does your insurance have an excess.

Also do u have insurance for when you are on the bike in case post office come looking for the cost of their repair? That's one of the biggest reasons I have my British cycling membership to cover any damage I may ever do to another vehicle.

what model btwin is it? We have a t3 which we are trying to move on. 60cm frame size.

Col5632

Guru
You will need to phone them up, state what happened , and they will talk you through it. Did you declare bike on your insurance? Some companies don't cover automatically. Given cost of btwin are you maybe better off not using it than claimi g against Ouse insurance in your first year? Does your insurance have an excess.

Also do u have insurance for when you are on the bike in case post office come looking for the cost of their repair? That's one of the biggest reasons I have my British cycling membership to cover any damage I may ever do to another vehicle.

The bike is declared on the insurance, because HBOS gave us the first year for free we took everything we could, the excess is £100, going to phone them tomorrow! Police said the post office van never said anything about insurance, might look into cycling insurance just incase in the future

Top Bottom