Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
I just returned the favour :thanks:

Is that what your calling it? :laugh:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Yeah I think ill do the same, wind is really something tonight, glad my commute home was wind assisted, was mega close to giving up this morning, still adjusting to the heavy hybrid again too, hate not being able to move my hands and arms anywhere else :laugh:

And? Did you take the bike this morning, @Col5632 ?

To my surprise it looked dry and clear when I got up, with a big moon, and the wind had stopped its howling. So quickly checked online for any nasty surprises in store and off I went ... Outside I noticed some slight slush on the car wind screens, but decided to carry on anyway, not sure whether this was a clever thing to do.:ph34r:
Headwind as for the last few days, but not as strong as expected... up the road and near the edge of town it was starting to get a bit lighter, and I could see that the Pentland Hills were presenting themselves in a strange colour ... white :eek:, and there was the odd car going in the opposite direction with a fair bit of white stuff, too. Oh well, best to just cut out the wee fun diversions and go along the main A road, nae problems. :thumbsup: Then I got to the turn-off for a smaller road near work, and suddenly the surface turned all shiny and crunchy with white specks in the frozen slushy surface :eek::eek::eek:. Luckily it's all on a slight uphill and with very little traffic, so all's well that ends well :sweat:. It wasn't actually that slippery, just enough to make me very mindful of using the brakes or going round any corners too fast.
By mid morning and the roads were still looking pretty much the same :headshake:, but at home time they were clear and dry, with fresh grit being applied, so easy ride! :dance:

Oh, and the ice tyres arrived! :wahhey: I'll try and get them on the bike and start bedding the spikes in at the weekend (Christmas shopping permitting:rolleyes:)

T

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Nope :sad: Got all my cycling gear on as i heard no wind, just as i was putting my shoes on the wind was battering the house, wimped out of it, maybe tomorrow :smile:
Not as windy here today as yesterday. I escaped the hail storms twice: got to my destinations then it started peltering it down.

Col5632

Guru
Not as windy here today as yesterday. I escaped the hail storms twice: got to my destinations then it started peltering it down.

Wind picked up again last night, managed to man up and get on the bike today, wouldnt usually on a friday but finishing job 1 at 4pm so means i have time before i start again at 6 :blink:

Pat "5mph"

Wind picked up again last night, managed to man up and get on the bike today, wouldnt usually on a friday but finishing job 1 at 4pm so means i have time before i start again at 6 :blink:
Well done Col! I've been to the shops on the bike, another couple of hours then I'm off to work.
Raining heavily now but not cold at all :rain:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I hope the rain blows over before your return journey, @Pat "5mph" :hello:.

Confession - I didn't cycle today. :whistle: It was a fine day for cycling until that rain storm hit a few hours ago, very strange to sit on the bus and do nothing for more than half an hour in each direction. Very wild & wet weather in the east now ,too. :rain:
But I carried home my ice tyres on the bus, does that count? :tongue: The lovely Altura jacket also arrived, so it felt like an early Christmas. :santa::wahhey: Thanks to @Pat "5mph" & @mr messy for their advice on the fit :hugs:, the arms are indeed not 'painted on' (by quite a bit) and slightly long, which is good. HJ now wants one, too... :rolleyes:

T

Pat "5mph"

Glad you got you early presents in @Telemark !
I got soaked yesterday on my way to work - no matter as I changed into my uniform - wind blown back home, really really soaked earlier today on an errand :laugh: there are puddles in my trainers!
Sun is out now, no doubt when it's time to ride to work later on it will be lashing again.
No matter, it's only a wee bit of water, no ice at all here.

I got soaked yesterday on my way to work - no matter as I changed into my uniform - wind blown back home, really really soaked earlier today on an errand :laugh: there are puddles in my trainers!
Sun is out now, no doubt when it's time to ride to work later on it will be lashing again.
Need to get some booties @Pat "5mph" I now wear them over my steelies :tongue: Keep feet warm and dry :thumbsup:
Did i hear mention of a consultation fee @Telemark? ;):tongue:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...

Need to get some booties @Pat "5mph" I now wear them over my steelies :tongue: Keep feet warm and dry :thumbsup:
Did i hear mention of a consultation fee @Telemark? ;):tongue:

Proper all weather commuters :thumbsup:, hope you have some spare trainers, @Pat "5mph" ! Putting wet shoes back on is horrible :surrender:
+8C this morning, some horizontal wet stuff, waterproof panniers kept the Christmas shopping dry, :biggrin: now sunny :sun:

Consultation fee :scratch:... don't remember anything about that in the small print :rofl:
I suppose there will be cake on the odd CC Ecosse ride in 2014, will bring double portions for you and Pat :mrpig: (once, not every time :tongue:)

T

Does anyone want a set of SKS Raceblades (long). New in box. Not looking for any dosh. Can be delivered at next pedal.

Well coincidentally, I was considering buying a set of those for my road-bike. I know you said you're not looking for any dosh (which is incredibly kind of you), but I would feel happier paying something for them if that's alright with you? I mean, they're not exactly cheap and I would have been buying them soon anyway!

I plan to be at the Loch Lomond ride next month if you still have them then...

Top Bottom