Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
This town is a riot!!!
Drunks everywhere, in the streets, on the pavements, on the cycle lanes, in the park, shouting, fighting, peeing in random places!
Broken glass, discarded underwear, half naked, sunburned bodies with spaced out eyes.
Continuous screaming of sirens, it's like the zombie apocalypse, heeelp!
Can't believe I missed it. :sad:

gaijintendo

Veteran
This town is a riot!!!
Drunks everywhere, in the streets, on the pavements, on the cycle lanes, in the park, shouting, fighting, peeing in random places!
Broken glass, discarded underwear, half naked, sunburned bodies with spaced out eyes.
Continuous screaming of sirens, it's like the zombie apocalypse, heeelp!
Visiting Newcastle? Or have you dared set foot near Kelvingrove Park on a sunny day? I believe Earth Wind and Fire were playing...

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm back! :biggrin:
Glaswegians, stay home if you value your life, they are still out there!

Trnsmt festival started last night.
It actually started on Friday night.
I was working at the Roger Waters concert in the Hydro both Friday and Saturday night, that was a riot in itself.
Riding home on Friday was no bad, some iffy moments when a few drunks started to run after me, I soon lost them.
But last night, Saturday, was mayhem even after both the concert and the festival were well out.
Revelers were staggering home in all directions, had to take the road from Shawfield to Rutherglen because they were too many to be passed safely on the path, although another cyclist did, felt sorry for them .... gonna gi'sa a backy, mate?!!
At the Commerce street bridge I saw a drunk cyclist, he fell off twice, carried on unperturbed :eek:
At least the Green had police presence, there was none on Friday night.
I'm not getting near town today, neither next weekend, apart from Saturday when I'm working in the Hydro, no choice lol.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Back in my Polis days; I used to hate this sunny weather! It was like a free-for-all, and cheap wine/cider does not mix well with the sun. It's true what they say - the best Polis of the lot is the rain. In the main, it keeps people indoors or at least minimises their time outside.
These days, I can't get enough of this :sun:; it has been a great spell of weather and long may it continue. At least now I don't have to confront the lowlifes of the type that @Pat "5mph" encounters on her commute, and I don't have to try and sleep in this weather during the day as I used to when it coincided with night shift (as it inevitably did :rolleyes:).

Slick

Guru
I'm back! :biggrin:
Glaswegians, stay home if you value your life, they are still out there!

It actually started on Friday night.
I was working at the Roger Waters concert in the Hydro both Friday and Saturday night, that was a riot in itself.
Riding home on Friday was no bad, some iffy moments when a few drunks started to run after me, I soon lost them.
But last night, Saturday, was mayhem even after both the concert and the festival were well out.
Revelers were staggering home in all directions, had to take the road from Shawfield to Rutherglen because they were too many to be passed safely on the path, although another cyclist did, felt sorry for them .... gonna gi'sa a backy, mate?!!
At the Commerce street bridge I saw a drunk cyclist, he fell off twice, carried on unperturbed :eek:
At least the Green had police presence, there was none on Friday night.
I'm not getting near town today, neither next weekend, apart from Saturday when I'm working in the Hydro, no choice lol.
Can't imagine you taking any prisoners @Pat "5mph" :ninja::gun:

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I was thinking Greenock - but is it not still raining there? :laugh:

(Only kidding @Bobby Mhor - I was at Loch Thom on the bike today and it was :sun:).

I saw a faint cloud heading north and avoided the area:whistle:
Nah, I've been heading out earlier to avoid the worst of it...

Just to refresh your memory
giphy-gif.gif

I was up that way on Monday, took me and the bike up to the top of Corlic^_^

Top Bottom