Irritating yellow spanner warning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
For the last 30 days my car has been telling me it is due for a service. Because it has only done 6000 miles since the last one due to Covid, I am not keen on spending £179 just yet. Now that the 30 days are over, this yellow warning light spanner is on all the time and annoys me. Does any one know how to turn it off ?

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Which car?

Mine does that. The car manual doesn't outline the service frequency. The annoying light just appears at the most inconvenient times giving a 30 day countdown to the alleged service date. Mine is about four weeks past its date but the car hasn't moved much since March. I'm not rushing.

Drago

Legendary Member
For the last 30 days my car has been telling me it is due for a service. Because it has only done 6000 miles since the last one due to Covid, I am not keen on spending £179 just yet. Now that the 30 days are over, this yellow warning light spanner is on all the time and annoys me. Does any one know how to turn it off ?
You do realise that it requires servicing on the basis of elapsed time as well as mileage. If it had sat on the deiveway and done 0 miles it'd still need a service. Indeed, it would probably be more in need of one than if it had been used regularly.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is always a way to reset the service interval, but if under warranty you might want an approved garage to service it. Otherwise, change the oil yourself.

I'm sure you're aware of this gavroche, but just in case, I hope your low mileage includes some decent runs at motorway speeds to allow for regeneration to take place, (it won't happen around town).

If not you could be heading into DPF problem territory.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I'm sure you're aware of this gavroche, but just in case, I hope your low mileage includes some decent runs at motorway speeds to allow for regeneration to take place, (it won't happen around town).

If not you could be heading into DPF problem territory.

Mine had that problem. Took a trip away and 4 hours of motorway driving before DPF clogged up light went out,

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I make sure I have an annual service. As Drago says the oil needs to be changed particularly if you are doing a limited mileage and short distances. It can also affect your insurance value if you are unfortunate enough to have a write off which is not difficult with many modern cars due to the cost of repairs. No good service history means you are a careless owner and the car value is written down accordingly.

Top Bottom