Is a used GT Palomar XL frame worth $220?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pixelbike

Hi all,

New member needing some guidance. I'm trying to find a used bicycle, that won't break the bank, for my height of 6'0" female 165lbs. Used fitted bicycles @ the local bike shop are $600-$800 +.

Currently I ride an old huffy single speed beach cruiser with the seat all the way up and I really like it, but it has no brakes or gears, or suspension.

About a week ago I installed (yay!) A bicycle rack from Amazon that can carry like 310lbs and added a small cushion on top. My elderly mother (150lbs) has been joining me for evening rides sitting on the rack and it has been tough and fun!

But... Inclined rides are difficult and declined streets feel dangerous with out proper breaks...

I've been looking through Craigslist and spotted this used GT Palomar XL frame for $220. I'm not sure if this is a good buy. Would someone be able to advise me?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bik/d/panorama-city-gt-palomar-mtb-xl-flame/7439403010.html

A while back I bought a medium sized rigid frame road bicycle /w gears and drops. Was a lot of fun but would cause me heavy palm/wrist/arm pain. Since it wasn't the right frame size I needed the seat all the way up which caused all the weight to fall on my hands on the drops. With the beach cruiser I still ride with the seat all the way up, but the cruiser style wide angle steering bars makes it so easy to hold while seating upright that it doesn't cause me any hand pain.

I read online about proper fitting for a bicycle and the easiest method seems to be ... While seating on the bicycle seat only the very tip of my toes should touch the ground... And while standing over the frame I should only have about 3" of space between the frame and my crotch.

Top Bottom