Is anyone finding its running slowly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm trying to browse the forum on a notebook but for me anyway, the forum is running very very slowly ... I click on a topic and it just hangs ... then seems to mark that I've read that thread. Is anyone else having a similar problem or is it something at my end - though my other windows seem to be functioning fine.

I'm finding it slower than the old forum as well ... and when i use the back button the page always times out ?

Simon

potsy

Rambler
Definately running slower than the old one but not by much,I'm on a netbook too. No time out issues though when going back.
Still finding the smileys a bit hit and miss though :sad:

potsy

Rambler
It's screaming along using Chrome. :biggrin:

Just installed Chrome on my netbook,you're right is is fast :biggrin: never changed the browser before,does this mean I'm stuck with it or can you easily swap between the 2?
Yes I am a technophobe
icon_smile_blush.gif

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut

Just installed Chrome on my netbook,you're right is is fast :biggrin: never changed the browser before,does this mean I'm stuck with it or can you easily swap between the 2?
Yes I am a technophobe
icon_smile_blush.gif

You can chose which ever you wish. Personally I rather like chrome but it is lacking in some areas. I have to load Firefox every time I want to upload to Garmin Connect, for example.

Yes I am a technophobe
icon_smile_blush.gif

I run both IE8 and Firefox on this lap top. I use Firefox 99% of the time and its my default browser for any links in documents but thats the only restriction one has to be the default but you can choose to use the other. :sad:

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I use Google Chrome anyway ... so it isn't the browser ... I'm on the main PC at the moment also running Chrome. After a while it seemed to run better - definitely running fine this morning on the PC. I'll maybe see if it occurs again and start to see if there is any pattern.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well for what ever reason - it seems to be having problems again ... trying to open page 2 or page 3 of Hit and Run thread ... its failing to do it and I've been getting that circle on the tab at the top of the window now for the last 7 minutes.... whereas cc is working in this window. Any clues...?

Plus - although it won't display the page - it has marked it as read.

Plus Plus - it won't open that thread on this window either...?
unsure.gif

Shaun

Founder
Well for what ever reason - it seems to be having problems again ... trying to open page 2 or page 3 of Hit and Run thread ... its failing to do it and I've been getting that circle on the tab at the top of the window now for the last 7 minutes.... whereas cc is working in this window. Any clues...?

Plus - although it won't display the page - it has marked it as read.

Plus Plus - it won't open that thread on this window either...?
unsure.gif

There are some instances where a thread will lock-up due to malformed BBCode during the conversion process.

Can you let me know the thread URL and I'll take a look at it.

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Painfully slow on my work PC right now (13:18 on 12/7/10). It's almost like being on dial-up. Doing anything - clicking on a topic, attempting to scroll down the page etc - takes forever.

XP machine, Intel P4 3.0Ghz with 2Gb RAM.
Browser: IE7

(Was working fine at home last night on my Vista machine running the latest version of Firefox, so maybe IE or IE7-related?)

Top Bottom