Is carbon really that good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
W

weepiglet

Watt-O said:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Focus_Cayo_105_2009/5360037591/

Think I'll go for this after considering the Cube Agree GTR Pro, Felt Z45, Bianchi 928 et al for months now. The Cayo looks like a great bike and such good value. Wiggle take paypal - only a couple of clicks away!

I did look at one of these after all the reviews but I couldn't get my hands (or bum) on one. To get a CF bike for this price is great although I decided that the kit was more important than the frame so I decided to go with the Trek which is fitted with Ultegra kit rather than the 105.

Best of luck though as you had a tough decision with those 3 steeds.

skwerl

gavintc said:
I have not used the new Tiagra. But I could tell the difference between my old Tiagra 9 sp and my newish 105 10sp. But then again, I think the Scott CR1 frame is an excellent one. A lot of my friends in the club ride this as their race bike. Admittedly, with Ultegra or 105 on it. But, I have just read that the new Ultegra will be on sale this summer for £900!!! I bought mine as a Dura ace/ Ultegra mix for £400 about 3 yrs ago. Prices are definitely on the rise.

Until Sterling lifts itself out of the toilet you'll see high prices for anything that's not made in the UK. Which is practically everything. Any british-built will most likely be assembled from European/Far-eastern components/tubing etc anyway.

Personally - ignore Campag and Shimano and give SRAM a go

Top Bottom