Is Easter as big as Christmas in your house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
This morning my facebook has gone mad with people's statuses bemoaning the rise in the cost of Easter, mostly them saying how hard done their children are not getting 100's of eggs and a new designer wardrobe mind -which makes me wonder who is getting all the good stuff?
Certainly not my tribe.
They were sent a tenner each from their grandad with the instruction to spend it on an egg, but there is no way I can walk into a shop with £60 and see them walk out with nothing but a hollow chocolate sphere, and enough cardboard box to fill the recycling bin. They can spend the money as they please.
I bought them each a chick with buttons inside - foil wrapped, no cardboard box - and they only cost 99p. Win win I say.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
We're having the turkey me mam bought for Christmas today :smile:

D

Deleted member 23692

Yes it's as big as Christmas to me.. but I as don't do Christmas, Easter is just a 4 day weekend.

Doseone

Guru
No chance, Easter barely registers here. Kids have 2 supermarket Easter eggs each, and will get a fiver each from the Grandparents, and that's it. The best bit is having a nice long weekend where we try and do family stuff.

Lee_M

Guru
zombie jesus chocolate festival

says it all really

but I have managed to get 2 rides in so far this weekend and another tomorrow, so long may it continue

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I have to put a big shift in for Holy Week (soloist in a Choral performance Mon & Wed, then running the music for Holy Thursday, Good Friday, the Vigil and Easter Day) on top of work and this year the end of the financial year. This afternoon is for resting :smile:

At Christmas our family all gets together so it's a much bigger deal for us.

Reactions: JtB

Saluki

World class procrastinator
As with Christmas, when I get a cold I have one at the moment. I am sneezing my head off, am hot and cold & have a hacking cough. Heathwise Easter is very similar to Christmas. There again, as with Christmas, I have been working my socks off for the couple of weeks preceeding it. For some reason, clients want their dogs all smart for Easter as well as Christmas.

We don't do the whole egg thing, way too expensive but then again we don't have kids either. Our families are well scattered across the globe so a bit of skyping later then.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
M-i-L feels the need to supply the egg shaped hollow chocolate in a box. She's a sucker for such things.
Mrs 26 is cooking a Cockerel rather than a chicken (bigger apparently). Otherwise it's a standard long weekend for pedalling and the like :thumbsup:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Definitely not like Christmas. The now older kids get a little S/market egg + a tenner.
Our house is open house to family Saturday afternoons anyway. So a bit of canny thinking meant if we extended this to "all welcome to join us for cooked tea" we would have done our bit and then have three other guilt free days to do exactly what we want to, including several hours of pedalling! ;)

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Christmas is the big one, with Christ being born and all that.

Easter is just to celebrate when he was locked in a cave and wasnt let out untill he had invented a new comercial chocolate based holiday.

Unless my religious education is lacking...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Not at all (not a religious household) but we use it for family time (and I try not to go on about what lovely cycling weather it is) :thumbsup:

Top Bottom