Is it any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you good people of CycleChat have ten minutes to spare, go to my website - link below - and have a look at 'We used to be The Beatles'.
I got flicked by a publisher who basically ****ed me over.
Now I'm not sure this stuff is good enough for publication.
So. Any comments - however harsh - will be welcome.
Tony.:tongue:

yenrod

Too much to read.

yenrod

Dayvo said:
:biggrin::biggrin:

Do one word at a time! :tongue:

Its boring WHY = its about the Beatles !

I spent one season at the Mersey Ferries and it was THE BEST EVER EXPERIENCE of my life in fact im honoured to say I worked there but: the beatles and ferry cross the mersey...(the tune) and its bloody rip off :tongue: but worth it to do once in your life !!! - bit like Venezia :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
All hail Yenrod.. another human being who either does not like the Beatles or simply cannot understand the fascination people have with them still.

Ok, they were very influential, I'll give them that. But come on, they were crap. And for some reason have been and are still hyped out of all proportion.

On the basis that they cannot be underrated I think the Beatles are rather over rated unlike any other group. That makes it a bit tough with the subject.
It is a bit like they are all the Beatle that got away we have heard about so that has been done a bit.
The basis is the paralell universe idea. So to Sliding Doors (the film) the film had to run the two versions you only (as you have) run the one alternative version on the assumption we all know the real version you are bouncing off. I am 47 and the Beatles were a bit over by the time I got into music so you are rather narrowing your target to the Saga generation now. I do not think The Beatles are in the minds of anyone younger than 40 at all.

Back to Sliding Doors. Opened before the split into two worlds and it was a nail biting bit early on where she missed the train or not to split into the two alternatives.
Hit em with a nail biting opening! Chapeter one should be a real cliff hanger with the one thing ( a missed train or whatever) that steered their path from what it was to where you take them.
I think you have wasted a chance by just popping up in the alternative world and saying here we are now and missing the drama of the turn of fate that took fame and fortune from them.

Format needs a bit of room to breathe. I could see it as a tv drama or play rather than book. Perhaps with some alternative beatles music in it (but that may be going a bit Ruttles).

Best of luck with it. I have had an idea for a novel for about 5 years and not written a word so hats off to you.

Top Bottom