Is it Christmas yet in your neck of the woods?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is a house about half a mile away that is putting up its lights. Santa, snowmen etc are out and in the garden or attached to the house already.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There is a house about half a mile away that is putting up its lights. Santa, snowmen etc are out and in the garden or attached to the house already.
Yeah but they probably never took them down last year.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 2119975, member: 259"]Our house is full of halloween tat at the moment, which is bad enough, but I do kind of like the animatronic bat on a string in the hall. We could leave him there for Christmas and spray him gold![/quote]

Oh there is one of them not far too. Completely decked out in Halloween stuff, tombstones etc etc.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Also an atheist here, but I enjoy the social side of Christmas, and the knowledge that I am lucky enough to be able to put work out of mind for up to two whole weeks. T'wasn't always that way, and in my younger years I worked most Christmases and New Years, but I haven't done so now for 25 years ^_^.
What I detest is the early appearance of Christmas; since Sept in local M&S, which makes their Christmas period = 1/3 of the year, which is ridiculous.

Arch

Married to Night Train
As an Atheist it means jack to me. We're off to the sun as I have done for the last 23 years. :sun: hateful time of year.

I reckon 80% of Christmas now has nothing to do with religion. And the Christians only hijacked a more ancient festival anyway, which also had little to do with 'religion' and a lot to do with cheering a community through a hard time of year.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
We always put our tree and decorations up around the 12th December and take them down in the first few days of January. My mum's birthday is the 12th and so it's something we did when I was a child and carried on as an adult. Any earlier is just madness.

Top Bottom