Is it illegal to kill people on mopeds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I get in from work at the moment at just gone 6 am, i'm asleep by 7. This lad drives past at 8 am EVERY SINGLE DAY on his moped, with the muffler taken off. it's the loudest thing imaginable, you can hear it half a mile away, seriously. I am tempted to wait for him and push him off, self-gratification artist.

I think I am correct in saying that if you take the baffles out of your exhaust, then you're riding illegally. Also, I wonder if his ped hasn't been "suped up" a little in the BHP department, also illegal. And road tax? MOT? Insurance? I wonder if those are things that 16-year-old scallies think about. You could take his plate and report it to plod. They might just go and knock on his door and read him the riot act!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Same old story - ring the local Police non-emergency number and report them. Encourage your neighbours to do the same. The report will be logged on the PNC and next time they are seen by a car equipped with ANPR they get stopped for a chat and a "producer" notice. More than three reports earns them a visit at home and possible confiscation of the vehicle. We've used this system to sort out a speeder in our street; he no longer speeds.

The Police have been well trained on this kind of nuisance; you'll be surprised at how helpful they are.

Top Bottom