Is it illegal to kill people on mopeds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Illegal, most probably, but if you can get away with it, and they're tossers, anyway, then they most likely deserve it.

Go for it, Monty!

darkstar

I get in from work at the moment at just gone 6 am, i'm asleep by 7. This lad drives past at 8 am EVERY SINGLE DAY on his moped, with the muffler taken off. it's the loudest thing imaginable, you can hear it half a mile away, seriously. I am tempted to wait for him and push him off, self-gratification artist.

Archer

I like to think there is a special place in hell for people on mopeds - especially the one that sits outside my house at 05:30 every morning.

At least I never up late for work.

Melvil

Try living in southern france or spain and then you'll know the hell on earth that is 1000,000 mopeds going past your window 25 hours a day.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Round here, they hit sixteen and start getting ideas about the size of their willies. A teenager attempting a wheelie/willy on a Pizza delivery moped really does say something about the optimism of youth.....bless them.

I get in from work at the moment at just gone 6 am, i'm asleep by 7. This lad drives past at 8 am EVERY SINGLE DAY on his moped, with the muffler taken off. it's the loudest thing imaginable, you can hear it half a mile away, seriously. I am tempted to wait for him and push him off, self-gratification artist.

I believe that stuffing a hot exhaust pipe into th riders rectum effectively reduces the noise from the exhaust.

PBancroft

Round here they seem to like riding on the river pathway, or at least that was the fashion a few years ago. The problem is the path is only just wide enough for one person in places, so when pedestrians hear the Nuurrrrrr! of an approaching moped they usually had to dive into the bushes to avoid being hit.

On one occasion we were aforewarned of the approaching scally from behind and took refuge appropriately. We turned to see an elderly woman narrowly avoid being hit, and the scally rode on at full tilt.

I'm not entirely sure what came over me at this point. Those that have met me will know I'm not the sort to threaten the Peking treatment to a duck, but something just snapped.

I pushed. Bike and rider went into the wet, and we went on our merry way. I'm not proud but I think, on that occasion, it needed to be done.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good on you. We have one in our street who races through several times a day on some important mission or other. A few years ago I was driving my Land Rover slowly down the road and he came right up to my rear crossmember, so close that he could almost have touched it. The LR had a military light switch which has a convoy position, where all lights, brake lights, horn etc. are disabled..... I was sooo tempted to put it into "convoy" and hit the brakes then watch him pile into my spare wheel but luckily I resisted. Would have been funny though.

Top Bottom